Are you skilled at gathering requirements from multiple stakeholders ?
Do you have extensive project management experience in the Payments or Fintech space?
Do you have a track record in accurately capturing the business vision?
If so, then read on…
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic business environment with an acceptance network in over 185 countries.
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. and globally. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company operates the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers personal and student loans, online savings products, certificates of deposit and money market accounts through its Discover Bank subsidiary. Its payment businesses consist of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the US leading ATM/debit networks and one of the largest global ATM networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network..
Based in our Farnborough offices, you will be joining a team of 5 reporting into the Technical Operations Manager.
You will be responsible for collaborating with stakeholders to ensure that we define and implement the necessary changes to our DCI Core Applications Settlement system to best serve our business and customer needs. This includes working with the business to drive system improvements and address existing application issues, system analysis and authoring of high level business requirements, user acceptance testing definition and management, and oversight of production incident resolution
What will you do as a BA at Discover?
• Gather all relevant business requirement information (from Product Owner, Subject Matter Experts, Technical Managers, & Stakeholders) as input to user story workshops
• Facilitate conversations between the Business and BT to determine the “what” and the “how” of features and enhancements
• Work directly with the Product Owner to ensure the business vision is accurately captured
• Create user stories and user story acceptance criteria
• Actively monitor the completed user stories to ensure acceptance criteria was implemented correctly
• Answer questions for UAT and Integration Testers as they develop/review test cases
• Validate changes to settlement and related functionality after deployment to the production environment
What we are looking for from a BA at Discover
You will possess:
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience)
• Payment services industry experience
• 5 years’ experience in project execution - Payment Services applications preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to lead through influence; identify and facilitate the resolution of requirements, process, milestone, and project issues to achieve project goals within project timelines
• Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with project teams; to work creatively and demonstrate a tolerance for ambiguity while driving issues to resolution
• Extensive experience with SDLC (Agile hands-on experience preferred)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including managing expectations, communicating issues, risks, and opportunities, and articulating a clear vision of project success
• Ability to oversee management of multiple projects
• Self-motivated; demonstrated ability to work independently
• 23 days holiday
• 7% bonus
• 7.5-11.5% pension
• Cycle to work scheme
• Chilcare Vouchers