Interswitch Limited is an integrated payment and transaction processing company that provides technology integration, advisory services, transaction processing and payment infrastructure to government, banks and corporate organizations.
Interswitch, through its Super Switch provides online, real-time transaction switching that enable businesses and individuals have access to their funds across the 24 banks in Nigeria and across a variety of payment channels such as Automated Teller Machines (ATMS), Point of Sale (PoS) terminals, Mobile Phones, Kiosks, Web and Bank Branches.
We are a very young and dynamic organization looking to expand into several African countries. The people that do well in our environment are young, creative, energetic individuals who have a knack for building and implementing systems from scratch. In these roles, we are not only looking for strategists but doers who are also excellent team players. The successful candidate will have an awareness of and sensibility to African culture with a global perspective, experience in the E-payment space and a can do attitude, ready to roll up his/her sleeves and hit the ground running.
Visit[link removed] for more information
Position: General Manager, Verve
Report to: Executive Chairman
This high profile role will have full P&L responsibility. The individual will be responsible for developing and implementing a focused strategy to build on and strengthen the service offering while driving growth in revenues, profitability, markets and customer base.
The individual will also have a hands-on role in developing customer relationships and forging/ expanding strategic alliances across various industries and geographical locations.
The charismatic and influential individual will provide effective leadership in building a high performing culture within commercial and operational teams in this fast-paced, high pressure and challenging environment
• Serve as a member of the Company’s management team and collaborate with other senior executives in the development and implementation of the Company’s broader corporate strategy
• Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the Company’s strategic direction and objectives and ensure the operations of the business company aligns with the Company’s standards and values
• Oversee and champion the articulation and development of a focused business strategy in alignment with the Company’s overall strategic objectives
• Assess, structure and negotiate expansion opportunities with consistent standards and discipline within the Company’s risk/return preferences
• Develop and maintain rewarding and credible business relationships with business leaders (local & international) and lead the development of strategic alliances/ partnership with appropriate businesses/ companies
• Establish adequate operational systems and control to ensure the proper monitoring of the company’s performance against plan and budget
• Ensure the implementation of Company policies and procedures and adequate systems to monitor proper adherence
• Oversee the preparation of the company’s budget, in line with the business strategies and growth plans, and monitor its implementation
• Provide leadership, mentoring and coaching support to the business leadership team (and other team members) to effectively deliver on set targets and improve overall performance
• Establish and maintain an operating structure (staffing plans) for the company that identifies and leverages talent to optimize performance and enhance output
• Oversee the development and management of domestic, domestic and international card schemes for customers and ensure the on-going identification of new customers and revenue streams to increase market reach and revenue
• Report regularly to the Company’s management committee on the performance (financial, operational, product/ service, etc.) of the company and contribute towards the update of the Company’s corporate scorecard
• Oversee and coordinate the development and continuous customization of existing and new card and token payments products/ services to meet customer/ market needs and expectations
Qualifications and Experience
• First degree in Business Administration or a Management related discipline
• Substantial experience in a senior management and business development role
• Post graduate degree (MBA) will be an added advantage
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the global and local ICT and e-commerce/payment industries including key operations, products and services and trends
• Up-to-date knowledge on card trends, segmentation, loyalty and products
• Experience and track record in creating, implementing and maintaining closed card schemes
• Demonstrated record of superior business and personal performance in a high growth environment, with significant P&L experience including identifying growth opportunities and building the business
• Very strong leadership skills with an ability to command respect from a highly motivated team
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other executives and leaders within the organization
• Highly self-motivated with strong commercial and business development acumen including excellent, selling, negotiation, and customer relationship management skills
• First class skills in strategic planning, presentation and communication, relationship management, operational and project management, change management and service management
• Awareness of and sensibility to African culture
• Excellent network of payment industry contacts
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and successful organization