Do you have excellent experience of Operations in the Payments Industry?
Can you analyse existing processes and identify ways to automate and streamline them?
Do you have LEAN, Six Sigma and/or process improvement expertise?
If so, then read on…
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic business environment with an acceptance network in over 185 countries.
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. and globally. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company operates the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers personal and student loans, online savings products, certificates of deposit and money market accounts through its Discover Bank subsidiary. Its payment businesses consist of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the US leading ATM/debit networks and one of the largest global ATM networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network.
This role is based in our Farnborough offices. You will be joining a team of 5 reporting to the Global Operations Manager,
You will be responsible for providing Financial, Operational and Compliance support to the DCI Infrastructure Operations team, our clients and business partners, on the Settlement systems. You will review and signoff daily controls ensuring our settlement systems balance, system configuration complete, process documentation is current and in line with company standards. In addition you will manage our compliance and risk processes as per company standards and analyze existing processes on the DCI Payment Network systems, proposing system automation and process improvements ensuring business controls are in place.
You will be responsible for collaborating with stakeholders to ensure that we define and implement the necessary changes to our DCI Core Applications Settlement system to best serve our business and customer needs. You will also be working with the business to drive system improvements and address existing application issues, system analysis and authoring of high level business requirements, user acceptance testing definition and management, and oversight of production incident resolution
What will you do as an Operations Consultant at Discover?
You will perform the following functions for DCI Settlement and related reporting:
• Review and signoff daily controls on the DCI Settlement processes, to include Exchange Rate feeds, Charge File Capture, System reconcilement, Funding, Settlement and Bank reconciliations.
• Investigate and provide resolution for all errors, rejections, imbalances arising from the daily balancing tasks, in order to ensure no financial impact to DCI or our customers.
• Work directly with Discover Treasury and Accounting Services teams regarding any banking/settlement issues and General Ledger entries, including initiating manual payments to our customers and manual corrective postings.
• Collate data to include in the team’s reporting of balancing issues, tickets worked, non-payments of Settlement, team utilization, project status updates and vendor management scorecards.
• Manage production implementation and support of our clients and business partners to the DCI systems, providing guidance to our clients and business partners on configuration options to best serve their requirements.
• Manage the defect and enhancement requests through to resolution, arising from daily processes or customer requirements, in order to automate system controls or improve customer experience, via the Agile process.
• Manage the internal and external product and process documentation, records and detailed procedures to facilitate Network Release updates, Process changes and Audit, Risk & Compliance requests.
What we are looking for from an Operations Consultant at Discover
You will possess:
• Bachelors degree (or equivalent)
• Cross functional knowledge of the Payment Network Industry focusing on operations
• Ability to analyse existing processes and identify ways to automate and streamline them using in-house analytical tools or SQL
• 5 years experience in Project Management and Processes
• Strong focus on providing superior customer service
• Exceptional collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to drive consensus in cross regional and cross functional teams.
• Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
• Self-motivated; demonstrated ability to work independently.
• LEAN, Six Sigma and/or demonstrated process improvement expertise an advantage
• 23 days holiday
• 7% bonus
• 7.5-11.5% pension
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare Vouchers