|A rapidly expanding Fintech in the payments space is currently looking for Senior Operations manager to help manage the banking relationships and improve and develop internal operations to bring class-leading service to customers.
You will be responsible for managing the Banking Ops, Fraud and Risk teams and you will maintain a collaborative culture, ensuring that the team can develop and reach their full potential. You will work closely with the VP Operations to improve and streamline internal processes and allow the company to scale.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
* You have experience with business and operational analysis and use data to help make your every day decisions.
* You are an expert in Excel - knowledge of SQL is a bonus.
* You have proven knowledge of digital payments or banking operations compliance.
* You have a proven record of improving internal processes, demonstrated by cost reduction and greater customer satisfaction.
* You have experience of reducing financial and legal risk exposure by managing and improving fraud prevention procedures and system modules.
* You are easily dissatisfied with how things are run - you frequently feel the urge to act when someone tells you "this is how we've always done it".
* You have a tremendous sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure.
* You thrive on operational efficiency.
* You are passionate about helping a team develop their skills and grow together with the company.
Some of the main elements of this role will involve:
* Managing and owning the budgets for core systems and being the point of contact for those suppliers.
* Setting up new systems and services to assist with rapid growth, such as new customer communication channels and risk mitigation solutions.
* Reducing financial and legal risk exposure by managing and improving fraud prevention procedures and system modules.
* Developing detailed documentation for internal processes and identifying areas where efficiency gains can be made.
* Preparing and analysing weekly and monthly reports in collaboration with other leads in the Ops team.
In this role, you will be working very closely with the Head of Customer Support to find new ways to improve customer satisfaction. You will also ensure efficiency in the team through staff training, preparation of guidance manuals, and implementation of key performance metrics.