This is an exciting opportunity for an Application Support Consultant (with a Java Development background) to provide technical support as part of a team on a real-time (faster) payments solution for major financial services providers globally.
- Troubleshooting incidents
- Providing pro-active 3rd line technical support
- Identify & develop workarounds and/or fixes for deployment into a production environment
- Support implementation and deployment of new releases into a production environment
- Provide 24*7*365 technical support cover as part of an on-call/shift rota
- Be part of a Kaizen culture: work with members of the wider team to identify sources of variance, bottlenecks and waste and help implement process and behaviour changes to constantly reduce/mitigate those.
- Solid Java 8 skills
- Experience with DevOps tools and processes, specifically Linux, Jenkins, Maven and Git
- Must be able to work individually or within a team to ensure that defined SLA's are met
- Positive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent communicator, active listener and natural collaborator
- Ability to stay focused whilst under pressure
- Strong customer service ethos
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Logical thinker
- Experience with a track record in supporting complex applications within high availability/high volume environments
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
Desirable Skills/Experience (not essential):
- Knowledge of Akka, Cucumber, MongoDB
- Knowledge of TDD and BDD techniques
- Experience with real-time messaging systems
- Experience with message-driven systems (e.g. IBM MQ Clustering)
- Experience within Payments processing systems or Finance/Banking industry.