Competitive plus bonus & benefits
London, United Kingdom
Permanent | Full Time
We are looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join an innovative payment technology organisation, to help grow the global business into new exciting areas.
This is an opportunity that will put you at the centre of innovation and strategic thinking, while allowing for interaction and development across all business operations, working with the industry’s brightest minds. You will help identify, quantify and qualify future growth bets for the business that start an estimated 12 months out. It is not a commissioned sales role from quarter to quarter metrics.
The role will give exposure to the various payment ecosystems in the industry using your business, operational and commercial acumen to create entirely new go to market ideas. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the payment industry and all the changes underway from Open Banking, PSD2 and the New Payment Architecture. As an individual contributor role, the individual needs enthusiasm and self-drive to work in close collaboration with all areas of the business.
All about you:
We are looking for someone with strong entrepreneurial experience who can spot commercial opportunities in a noisy landscape. Someone who knows the dynamics of the payment industry and has a keen interest in the latest tech trends and offerings.
• You will be able to hold a considered view on how new ideas could benefit the business.
• You will ideally have strong analytical capabilities, sharp commercial awareness and some pragmatic, operational experience within the subscriptions and transactions SAAS business.
• You will be a completer-finisher to bring new projects on board from initial scope of work through to contracts and roll-out.
Other requirements include:
• SAAS industry knowledge and how to grow subscription and transaction models
• Strong understanding of the payment industry and all the changes underway from Open Banking, PSD2 and the New Payment Architecture.
• Solid experience in financial services or technology
• Individual contributor skills who can lead and inspire matrix teams
• Excellent communication, leadership, and strategic thinking skills
• Highly organised with strong quantitative analytical skills
• Can manage ambiguity and matrixed environments