£35,000 - £40,000 Per Annum
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Card payment schemes/systems,Payment Scheme Management,Transaction Processing,Fraud
Permanent | Full Time
Card Fraud and Disputes Manager
Our client is a leading payments & cards company, working within the regulated banking space. They are keen to hire an experienced Fraud & Disputes Manager to lead a small team, who are responsible for the prevention, detection and identification of all card related fraud including the entire chargeback lifecycle.
This also includes speaking with cardholders in relation to reported fraud and raising any fraud related chargebacks as per the scheme rules, as well as evaluating all Cardholder Dispute claims where necessary. The team also interact with financial institutions and other relevant third parties directly as well as collecting and documenting evidence and MI for both Fraud and Disputes, plus creating rules in the fraud detection system.
The ideal candidate must be able to provide operational expertise, leadership and strategic enhancements to the growing Card Fraud and Disputes Investigations Team. You will proactively be involved in leading changes as well as making any recommended department improvements, implementing industry “best practice” with the use of appropriate tools. A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in management in a payments environment is required, alongside a good knowledge of scheme rules around disputes & fraud.
• Supporting training, development & leadership of the Card Fraud and Disputes Investigations Team
• Managing the team with day to day Card Fraud & Chargeback enquiries
• Providing support to colleagues where required across other functions
• Ensuring Scheme compliance
• Building & maintaining relationships with colleagues, schemes, customers and other institutions with a view to improving / developing services
• Developing fraud rules and parameters within multiple systems to help prevent & detect card fraud
• Maintaining and managing up to date knowledge of all Scheme announcements/bulletins and any impact they may have on the teams
• Ongoing management of non BAU workstreams and delivery of projects
Detailed knowledge and understanding of Debit Card Scheme rules with a Fraud and Disputes focus will be important in this role.
• Experience from the Cards & Payments industry, with a good knowledge of issuing, Fraud and Chargebacks.
• Flexible and willingness to work flexibly if required, driven by volumes and requirements.
• An articulate communicator with the ability to lead, manage and incentivise the team.
• Customer focused with a passion to work closely with other internal stakeholders and teams.
• Awareness and understanding of the overlap between AML and Fraud preferable.
• “Hands on” Manager and happy to assist / direct the team if / when required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent