Chief Commercial Officer - CCO Payments
Location: Surrey Salary: circa £110,000 basic + £10k Bonus + Benefits
- Are you a senior Sales / BD manager with experience of setting strategy ?
- Are you ready to take a senior position and help accelerate company growth to the next level ?
- Do you have experience managing people in a complex, technical and fast-paced environment ?
Our client is a payment processing organisation with an exceptional reputation, currently working with some of the biggest clients across telecoms, insurance, utilities & entertainment and delivering a class-leading service to them and their customers. As a business which has seen consistent growth, we are now seeking a CCO to join the committed & close-knit senior leadership team.
You will be:
- defining the overall sales strategy & managing the sales and marketing teams
- taking responsibility for budgets, process management (pipeline review, asset management, demo sales achievement)
- develop and implement a strategy to achieve business development goals while ensuring continuous improvement in client retention rates
- assist in complex contract negotiations and contract review with clients and prospects
- setting targets in collaboration with the CEO, taking part in board reporting & other management/leadership activities
- directly building relationships with key partners, suppliers, customers and prospects & taking the lead of tender/bid presentation/process and delivery
- set the commercial strategy for the group and bring greater levels of forward thinking to customer engagement, overseeing the sales and marketing functions
- deliver strategic leadership, defining the commercial path to growth and profitability
- build strong internal networks, including a close working relationship with the Head of Marketing to develop the company’s marketing strategy with an emphasis on achieving market penetration, sales growth & cost-effective customer acquisition.
- assess, build and manage the necessary channels capable of delivering on the company’s growth objectives, including further development of our partner programme.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- a successful track record within a commercial environment, able to demonstrate how you lead/inspire/motivate teams and how you have previously influenced growth & achieved challenging targets
- solid understanding of business drivers and excellent business development skills, with a proven track record as a strategic thinker with outstanding communication and presentation skills and a track record with people management
- demonstrable experience with sales strategy and sales framework process development
- strong experience drafting and communicating sales plans and processes that effectively drive business and motivate sales teams, coupled with expertise effectively leading and developing sales operations functions
- hands on approach, ability to roll sleeves up and work in a small team
- strong strategic, creative thinking, communication, negotiation and analytical skills to develop solutions to business challenges, products and routes to market
- good organisational, IT, financial and administrative skills