£115,000 - £140,000 Per Annum
Surrey, United Kingdom
Acquirer Services/Merchant Services,BACS/Chaps/Swift,Business Development,C-Suite Exec,Directors,Transaction Processing
Permanent | Full Time
Chief Commercial Officer
Location: Surrey Salary: circa £115k + 25% Bonus + Benefits
Flexible working options considered
Our client is a payment processing organisation with an exceptional reputation, currently working with some of the biggest clients across telecoms, insurance, utilities & entertainment and delivering a class-leading service to them and their customers. Working in a heavily regulated sector, they deliver a strong product range and successfully compete with their own USP's. As a business which has seen consistent growth, we are now seeking a CCO to join the committed & close-knit senior leadership team.
The role will involve:
· defining the overall sales strategy & leading the direction/output of the sales and marketing teams
· directly managing a sales & marketing team, taking a hands-on approach and retaining a keen interest in theses respective teams, including performance management
· taking responsibility for cost optimisation, process management (pipeline review, asset management, demo sales achievement)
· develop and implement a strategy to achieve business development goals while ensuring continuous improvement in client retention rates
· assist in complex contract negotiations and contract review with clients and prospects
· develop & roll out operational tactics to generate new sales whilst managing & running budgets for both the sales & marketing teams
· setting targets in collaboration with the CEO, taking part in board reporting & other management/leadership activities
· directly building relationships with key partners, suppliers, customers and prospects & taking the lead of tender/bid presentation/process and delivery
· the CCO will set the commercial strategy for the group and bring greater levels of forward thinking to customer engagement, overseeing the sales and marketing functions
· you will deliver strategic leadership, defining the commercial path to growth and profitability
· build strong internal networks, including a close working relationship with the Head of Marketing to develop the company’s marketing strategy with an emphasis on achieving market penetration, sales growth & cost-effective customer acquisition.
· assess, build and manage the necessary channels capable of delivering on the company’s growth objectives, including further development of our partner programme.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• a successful track record of success within a commercial environment, able to demonstrate how you lead/inspire/motivate teams and demonstrate how you have previously influenced growth & achieved challenging targets – ideally gained within a senior sales & marketing leadership role
• solid understanding of business drivers and excellent business development skills, with a proven track record as a strategic thinker with outstanding communication and presentation skills and a track record with people management
• demonstrable experience with sales strategy and sales framework process development
• strong experience drafting and communicating sales plans and processes that effectively drive business and motivate sales teams, coupled with expertise effectively leading and developing sales operations functions
• hands on approach, ability to roll sleeves up and work in a small team
• strong strategic, creative thinking, communication, negotiation and analytical skills to develop solutions to business challenges, products and routes to market
• good organisational, IT, financial and administrative skills
This role represents an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sales Leader to take a senior position within a successful company and help them accelerate their growth to the next level. If you are a senior manager with experience of setting strategy and managing people in a complex, technical and fast-paced environment, please get in touch.