Competitive plus bonus & benefits
London, United Kingdom
Permanent | Full Time
As a Data Scientist / Data Science Manager your passion is focused on the design of algorithms to solve real, pressing problems using data. You will have an interest in the financial services industry and the economy and people it serves. You are excited by building products for clients and are keen to engage in the design processes this involves.
The Analytics Team of this global payments company builds products and services powered by payments data. By combining data science technique with an intimate knowledge of payments data they develop solutions that will improve outcomes for people, businesses and economies.
As a Data Scientist you will join one of the first teams in the world looking at payments data in the UK and across the world. You'll help build systems that expose money laundering, detect fraud, predict economic indices and help stress-test economies. You will be product focused, working in close collaboration with sales, consulting, and product teams.
All About You as a Data Scientist
• You can write Python to a high standard, and are familiar with the standard data science libraries such as pandas, scikit-learn and networkx.
• You are capable of developing new algorithms in novel situations, and can demonstrate previous work to evidence this.
• You are able to communicate with non-tech colleagues about technical matters, and you're comfortable putting yourself in other people's shoes.
• You are proficient in SQL, git, docker, and can work in the bash shell. You're happy and excited to explore new programming languages, technologies, and techniques.
• You have a can-do attitude, can be pragmatic where necessary, and are excited to work as part of a specialist team. You can engage in constructive criticism, and aren't afraid to have your code reviewed.
Our client strongly encourage exploring new technologies and techniques so some of the following experience is therefore desirable for the role as a Data Scientist:
• Practical experience using streaming technologies, including streaming platforms (e.g. Kafka), online algorithms (e.g. stochastic gradient descent), and fixed-memory data structures (e.g. Bloom Filters).
• Experience using next generation machine learning techniques and tools, including Deep Neural Networks and TensorFlow.
• Exposure to Network Theory, especially social network analysis and graph diffusion analysis.
• Ability to build custom data visualisations, prototype browser based UX/UI, and the server side microservices to support them.