£130,000 - £150,000 Per Annum
FULLY REMOTE IN EUROPE / UK
FinTech,IT/Technical,Retail Banking,Software Development,Investment Banking,Bitcoin,Blockchain,Software Engineer
Permanent | Full Time
Director of Engineering
remote working, global fintech,
Our client is a global fintech with a cutting edge USP looking for a Director of Engineering . Offering fully remote work, this is a fantastic opportunity to take your career to the next level in a collaborative and dynamic environment about to launch a ground-breaking financial product.
We’re looking for a Director of Engineering
to grow and lead the team responsible for developing and implementing the latest software solutions
As Director of Engineering you will support the CTO, ensuring that engineers have the tools, support and technical guidance they require to perform at the highest level.
As Director of Engineering you will
● Work closely with the CTO and the product organisation to develop the technical vision and strategy that will deliver a world class banking experience to the customer base
● Lead and support the Engineering Managers and their teams building high performing autonomous teams
● Seek opportunities to simplify and standardize designs, operations, and deployment plans, focus on reducing complexity and providing performance, agility, and scalability
● Work closely with the architecture function to develop and adhere to developed architectural principles
● Ensure all teams evolve by adopting modern practices to achieve their goals: pair programming, test-driven development, continuous delivery, etc;
● Work with engineering teams to identify impediments and devising solutions to remove friction and constraints.
To be successful in this role you will need to be / have
● A strong technologist with significant experience in, ideally ; Python, Flask, AWS and Docker
● A seasoned multi-disciplinary engineering leader and visionary
● Significant experience of running high throughput, low latency services using the latest cloud based technologies and understands the cloud native architectural best practices that can produce change tolerant software platforms. These systems support high levels of scale and availability.
● Demonstrated the ability to build high performing, cross functional engineering teams and to provide an environment for team members to avoid burnout and to flourish and grow their careers. Have experience mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering engineering best practices and continuous improvement.
● Stay abreast of current technology developments and have demonstrated the ability to retain competitive advantage by implementing relevant technologies in software products.
● Have led software organisations of at least 50 engineers and preferably have experience in leading fully remote teams.
● Preferably have experience in the Finance and Banking space and Bitcoin