£140,000 plus bonus & benefits
Permanent | Full Time
We have an exciting opening for a Head of Development, who has substantial experience of managing large scale, global software development teams and QA organisations. As well as hands-on enterprise software, architecture and SaaS development using Java EE, Oracle, and .NET. You will also have experience in building and supporting real-time mission critical n-tier SaaS applications that are fault-tolerant, distributed, and scalable. You must also be fluent in English and French.
The Head of Development will manage a development teams primarily located in Geneva, and with resources distributed in UK, Europe, and APAC. The role is responsible for providing overall development management and leadership, while also ensuring that business objectives and client expectations are met. You will work hand-in-hand with Product Management, Sales, Operations, Implementation Services, Support, and other business areas to surprise and delight our customers by delivering market leading products and innovative solutions.
The role requires a dynamic, inspirational leader who is a strong communicator. Strong organisation and planning skills are required. The Head of Development will have responsibility for (i) Platform Development (ii) Application Feature Development (iii) Quality Assurance and (iv) Level 3 Production Support. Maintaining a working knowledge of emerging technologies and trends is an important success criteria for the role. The ability to apply modern technology capabilities such as machine learning to solve business problems is required.
The individual will champion initiatives for accelerating product delivery while maintaining high quality. The successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of stakeholders within the organisation, including direct interaction with multiple business unit executives. They will also quickly understand business priorities, and deliver solutions that meet commitments to clients.
The person in this role understands the critical importance of effective partnerships with
Product Management, Product Design, Hosting, Security, and other teams and ultimately have overall ownership of the successful delivery of a game-changing payments platform.
All About You
• Substantial experience of managing large scale, global software development teams and QA organisations
• Hands-on enterprise software, architecture and SaaS development using Java EE, Oracle, and .NET. Experience in building and supporting real-time mission critical n-tier SaaS applications that are fault-tolerant, distributed, and scalable
• Platform development with multi-year technical roadmaps; successful history of executing legacy modernisation projects
• Java and .NET stacks, Microservices, Self-contained Systems, containers, SOA and mobile experience
• Strong track record of building CI/CD pipelines through automation and containerization
• Experience with regulated products with high security and fraud prevention needs
• Knowledge of various software development best practices and methodologies, including Agile, Iterative, and Waterfall
• Experience in successful management of partners (including off-shore)
• Proven ability to build and scale world-class technology teams
• Relationship-building and influencing skills with executives and stakeholders
• Strong problem-solving skills with an aptitude for learning and implementing emerging technologies. Recognised as SME on current projects with depth and breadth of knowledge
• Ability to drive efficiencies through the development teams through the use of systems, tools, and processes
• Proven work experience in Agile / Scrum teams that are globally distributed
• Good understanding of using structured development methods and tools
• Knowledge in using JIRA, Confluence, Greenhopper, Bamboo
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact with all levels of the business as well as vendors, partners, and prospects
• The ability to travel to internal offices, clients, and prospects (including International): ~20%
• Self-starter and motivational leader with a strong desire for continuous improvement
• Prior work experience in transaction system development in areas of electronic commerce, payments, or other related financial services
• Deep understanding of new technologies and how that can be applied to create innovative solutions
• Ability to lead technical design sessions
• Highly experienced with back-end programming languages (C/C++, Java/Scala, .NET, Node, etc.)
• Agile Scrum certifications (preferred)
• Fluent in English and French