£70,000 - £90,000 Per Annum
Reading, United Kingdom
Business Operations,IT/Technical,Project/Programme Management,PSD2,Compliance
Permanent | Full Time
Head of Engineering
My client provides regulatory checking and consent management services to global financial institutions. The regulatory checking and token management services are designed to operate at both high volume and with high availability, delivering low latency responses 24 hours a day. Their SaaS platform has been purpose built and utilises some of the latest cloud-based technologies.
They are now preparing for the next round of business expansion and service delivery and are seeking a Head of Engineering
This is a leadership role and you will be the development delivery lead, orchestrating resources, setting day to day priorities for development staff. As squad leader in an agile environment, the role is expected to provide guidance to the team and direction over development priorities.
They utilise a DevOps approach using an agile scrum environment adopting continuous integration and delivery techniques throughout the delivery lifecycle, including continuous integration and testing. They seek to utilise platform engineering best practices to develop secure, robust code that performs to demanding financial services industry requirements and scales reliably and predictably.
As Head of Engineering you will represent the development teams, work with product management, work alongside clients and lead their developers and analysts.
● You will manage the development delivery team, promote the best delivery practices and have ownership for existing code base as well as future development. You know and understand the strategic goals of our clients and are able to translate these into practical terms for the DevOps team
● You will be driving choices and decisions within technology and systems architectures
● As a Line Manager you will dedicate time to career mentoring members of your team. You will schedule your team members onto development work, ensuring the team is properly utilised and delivering to the needs of the business. Team cohesion is key and you will be responsible for growing individual team members into a strong unit. Ultimately you are accountable for the engagement and performance of your team.
● As a leading member of the Business Operations team you will take part in management decision-making processes around the running of the wider team. You will work with other internal stakeholders to grow client relationships and accounts
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for people with expertise in product delivery and a real passion for developing others. You could currently be a Delivery Manager, an Engineering Lead, a hands-on technical/solution architect or a combination of all three! We are looking for an individual with experience of leading delivery teams, with a passion for managing and developing people, and who can also stay on top of the day to day operational aspects of the role.
You will possess:
● Experience working in a business-to-business services set up so that you understand the dynamics of supplier-client relationships
● Experience leading Product Delivery Teams so we know you get what we do
● Experience leading teams of 5+ people – handling some of the tricky stuff as well as developing the talent within your team
● A deep understanding of a variety of delivery methodologies (including Agile)
● An understanding of the need to be flexible – to tailor your approach depending on who you’re working with, to see the opportunity when things aren’t perfect, to enable teams to deliver remarkable work by wearing these different hats