£60,000 - £80,000 Per Annum
Reading, United Kingdom
Permanent | Full Time
Infrastructure Lead Engineer
My client provides regulatory checking and consent/preference management services to global financial institutions. The regulatory checking and token management services are designed to operate at both high volume and with high availability, delivering low latency responses 24 hours a day. Their SaaS platform has been purpose built and utilises some of the latest cloud-based technologies.
They work with a DevOps approach using an agile scrum environment adopting continuous integration and delivery techniques throughout the delivery lifecycle, including continuous integration and testing. They seek to utilise platform engineering best practices to develop secure, robust code that performs to demanding financial services industry requirements and scales reliably and predictably
They are now preparing for the next round of business expansion and service delivery and are seeking an Infrastructure Lead Engineer.
In this role, you will provide hands-on direction and guidance to the development team, ensuring they utilise the system infrastructure appropriately. The role ensures the infrastructure is designed and architected to meet business needs, including making sure the organisation maximises the benefits of the cloud services provider (AWS) while maintaining healthy independence from it. Optimising performance, enabling operation at scale, maximising speed and minimising latency, all the while maintaining system resilience, are key accountabilities.
As Infrastructure Lead Engineer you will be responsible for leading the development and management of the growing AWS cloud environment. You will use your expertise to guide and direct the wider team in the continuing construction of their highly performant, scalable and robust transaction system.
You will be:
● Primarily able to build and maintain an IaC codebase using tools such as CloudFormation, Docker. Also be an advocate for architecting platforms using the latest best practices and industry standards and using IaC tools to maintain standards these in line with our clients’ security policies
● Comfortable discussing the business/commercial benefits of Cloud whilst being equally comfortable deep diving into AWS platform configurations such as Elastic Load Balancing, NAT tables or Route 53 for example
● Evangelise to your colleagues the benefits of cloud infrastructure capabilities and be able to relate them a specific client need
● Initially focussing on AWS, it’s important to be able to demonstrate a willingness to move between the different Cloud providers, building up a wealth of knowledge over time
● Be just as comfortable troubleshooting across brownfield platforms and application domains as when designing greenfield cloud platforms
● Have an ability to horizon scan and evaluate new technology options and vendor products and understand how these can be used to solve our clients’ problems
● Mentor and develop other staff to improve the capability of the team as part of day-to-day activities
Skills you will possess:
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for people with experience in a range of technologies, with a passion for learning about more of them and for helping teams exploit the latest developments.
· You could currently be an infrastructure engineer looking to make your mark or technical architect that enjoys being hands-on and practical. Either way, we are looking for an individual with the right experience and attitude who has a passion for helping teams and businesses drive the best from their technology systems
· It is likely that you have worked with a variety of technologies, probably including: - Cloud Platform such as Azure, AWS and GCP - Automation configuration tools - Terraform, Puppet, Ansible - Building application pipelines using Jenkins, Bamboo etc - Working with Linux - Multi-zone, multi-region, resilient and scalable infrastructures - Building Elastic Stack monitoring solutions - Working with GitHub, Gitlab etc - Core Networking & Load Balancing
Located in the centre of Reading, they provide an excellent package including pension, a bonus scheme and equity share. In return they will expect you to provide the intellectual leadership, drive and focus to create and deliver innovative solutions to engage with their clients