Middleweight Java Developer / Middleweight Full stack Developer
Our global client is a busy, exciting, and demanding place to work, but it’s the people that make the company. The mix of cultures, viewpoints, and experiences are vital to their success and every person’s contribution is valued. If you are looking for a new challenge in an exciting, innovative and international working environment, this is the company for you.
You will be a middleweight Java developer with either full stack experience or an appetite to develop one
What you will do:
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, 'can-do' attitude in a fast moving environment
- Work hands-on with a highly skilled team of Engineers and stakeholder to ideate, build, and improve payment products and features
- Have an ability to think through customer's pain points and requirements and to come up with a simple, elegant solution
- Design, build, and enhance the frontend UI and backend APIs required for the products.
- Own the products that you build, become the domain expert, and be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including design, development, testing and release
- Foster the spirit of collaboration across multiple internal and external teams
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience delivering high-quality products
- Strong software design and architecture skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional teams: Product Management, Quality Assurance, Operational Support, etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to document and explain technical design, best practices, and integration guide to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Hands-on software development experience in Java
- Experience with service-oriented architecture
- Experience integrating with third party web services across a variety of technologies, e.g. REST
- Experience with some (or all) of the following technologies/frameworks/tools: Maven, Git, MySQL, JMS, Spring, JPA/Hibernate, Jersey, Jetty, Kubernetes
- Experience building and maintaining applications in the cloud (AWS, GCP, etc).
- Has worked or currently working in Payment industry