£60,000 - £65,000 Per Annum
London, United Kingdom
Information Security,IT/Technical,Engineer,Software Engineer
Permanent | Full Time
Network Engineer - London / City
Leading Challenger Bank
£60-65k + bonus + benefits
About the Role:
We are seeking experienced Network Engineer to support the implementation of a secure and resilient cloud and physical network architecture and the day-to-day activities required to ensure the bank runs effectively and efficiently. These roles support our growth and the primary purpose of the role is to support the existing networks: Office, Cloud and Datacentre. Implement changes to the existing architecture when needed and contributing to new designs and optimizations.
If you are passionate about leading a team from the front, not afraid to get your hands dirty and can demonstrate your experience in the Network Technology arena, then we would like to hear from you. You should be willing to learn new technologies, champion continuous improvement and enable your team to succeed by providing them with the right tools, right knowledge and clearing delivery blockers. You should have an agile mindset and expect to deliver at pace from the start.
· CCNA Certified
· Routing protocols (BGP and OSPF)
· Cisco Switches (Nexus 5K and Catalyst)
· Comprehensive knowledge and Experience working with Firewalls (ideally Cisco ASA)
· Experience working with telecoms providers
Desirable Skills and Experience:
· Secure Network Designs
· Highly Available Network Designs
· IPSEC VPN’s
· Load Balancers (ideally F5)
· Web Proxies
· Cloud based Networking (Microsoft Azure)
The ideal candidate will have solid network knowledge and experience, with ability to manage tasks independently, high level of attention to detail. Will also suit a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
· Strong communication skills with an ability to engage internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including C-suite.
· Must be a self-motivated individual with good attention to detail, commercial awareness with good judgement and decision-making skills
This is a hands-on role and will require providing out of hours support to the IT Operations on-call team. Our infrastructure is primarily based on Microsoft & Cisco technologies, with plenty of opportunities to learn and contribute.