£90,000 - £110,000 Per Annum
London, United Kingdom
BACS/Chaps/Swift,Business Development,Product Management,Sales,SEPA
Permanent | Full Time
Pre-Sales Director - Payments
London + Travel
£90-110k + bonus + benefits
About the company:
Our client is a global award-winning payment and specialist technology provider, serving global banks and financial institutions. From IT strategy, architecture and design to software development, they enable their clients to rapidly capitalise on the latest technology.
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Pre-Sales Director with a background in payments, pre-sales and product management to take the lead in helping clients appreciate the possibilities and benefits offered by new payments solutions, focused around faster/instant payments.
This hire is key to the ongoing success and growth of this part of our business, so activity will be focused on working alongside the sales managers to help drive all aspects of pre-sales activity. We are working with clients in the UK, Europe and the US, so travel is part of the role.
Alongside pre-sales activity we are looking for someone who can bridge the gap between sales and product ownership, maintaining relevant industry relationships, advising on new business lead trends and initiatives, helping to shape the long-term product road map and strategy and providing thought leadership / public speaking at events.
Our core payments solution provides institutions with a faster and significantly more cost-effective way to process payments through a modern, payments specific platform which seamlessly integrates into core and back-office banking applications. Purpose-built to address the demand for real-time payments and enable full payments estate transformation, the solution represents the cutting edge of technology being cloud native and running on a modern open source stack leveraging a payments Domain Specific Language (DSL) that gives clients unparalleled flexibility and control in developing clients.
You will work closely with the Lead Technical Architect and Head of Delivery to help ensure alignment between the product strategy, client engagements and technical innovation.
· Sharing industry, technical and product knowledge with customers via good written, verbal and presentation skills.
· Working with prospective clients to demonstrate how we can play a key role in meeting their payments transformation needs
· Supporting the sales team to sell our products and associated services with a ‘solution orientated’ view
· Taking a lead role through the client bid-management process to help see client engagements through to commercially successful conclusion
· Creating high-level solution prototypes, exploiting the technical knowledge of colleagues to configure relevant, engaging and ground-breaking demonstrations
· Working with blended teams of colleagues, clients and partner resources to help share knowledge and ensure an integrated client-centric approach
· A thorough understanding of the payments market and drivers for change
· An appreciation of modern technical tools and open source software with an ability to apply them to our solution, helping banks transform their payments environments
· Understanding of traditional (i.e. SWIFT, SEPA CT/DD) and new payment schemes (i.e. SEPA Inst, UKNPA, TCH Real-time)
· Able to prepare high quality presentation materials and deliver presentations to clients and other audiences
· Able to lead, co-ordinate and contribute to responses to RFIs/RFPs and assist in drafting Statements of Work
· Excellent communication skills, able to talk with both technical and business audiences
· Good commercial understanding of client business cases