London, United Kingdom
Acquirer Services/Merchant Services,Brand Marketing,Corporate Communications/PR,Marketing,Social Media,Public Relations
Permanent | Full Time
Public Relations and Communications Specialist
· Do you have Payments / Fintech experience ?
· Do you have excellent Communications and content writing expertise ?
· Do you have a track record of working in / with PR agencies ?
If so, this could be the role for you…
My client is a leading global payments provider. Based in central London and liasing with European counterparts, you will report into the Head of Marketing & Communications
You will have a high visibility position within the organisation, responsible for building the companies’ reputation and ensuring effective media coverage by assisting the development and implementation of media public relations and communication strategy.
Whether it’s responding to breaking news or delivering bespoke media campaigns to inform key targets audiences, you’ll need to be prepared for anything and use your expertise and ideas to help deliver impactful communication.
In boosting the organisations esteem in the financial services sector to become a cornerstone for insights and content; the role’s focus will be to develop core media relations, drive more content, draft and support the creation of media releases and B2B content across multiple ATL & BTL channels, forging relationships with partners, journalists and key influencers.
As the day to day contact for Public Relations and communications; the role requires considerable coordination between regional European Offices, other key global offices and core agencies located in the UK.
The marketing team is growing, and you will be part of a supportive team and have an opportunity to work with talented colleagues.
• Support the European Marketing Head with the delivery of European PR strategy by assisting in the drafting and proofreading of press releases. This includes supporting the planning and delivery of clear, timely and two-way communication through print, broadcast, digital and face-to-face channels.
• Cultivate relationships with influential print, digital and broadcast journalists or thought leaders within the payments/financial services sector, and leverage these to promote the organisation’s European value proposition.
• Establish and maintain relationships with external PR and communication agencies
• Prepare and submit reports on PR activities and campaigns to management on a regular basis.
• Assist in the creation, review and approval of B2B2C digital content, including regular whitepapers and other thought leadership pieces.
• Key-client research and briefing preparation for relevant employee’s outward media communications and public engagements
• Gatekeeper of the European website; update and maintain content relevance; ensure user friendliness, and positive presentation of the brand.
• Proactively monitor the organisation’s public reputation by observing brand sentiment on social media, review sites, and the news media. Promptly report any concerns for resolution to protect the brand’s reputation.
• Assist with the creation and proofreading of internal sales and marketing-related communications to ensure they present the brand in a positive way; liaising with internal departments to promote the organisation’s values
• Assist with planning and management of corporate events including promotional events, award ceremonies, sponsorships and press conferences. Some of these will occasionally require you to work out of office hours (e.g. weekends/evenings).
• Travel within the UK and abroad as required
• Perform other related tasks as assigned by management and to meet business needs
• Comply with company policies and procedures. Including the maintenance of all copyright and social media guidelines.
Skills and Knowledge
• Experience in Financial Services and/or Payment Card Industry /Fintech start up’s Excellent oral communication skills
• Excellent writing and editing skills, ability to write compelling copy
• Awareness of the PR significance of social media
• Ability to effectively manage incidents and navigate handling difficult situations
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage with people
• Commercial awareness
• Demonstrable creative and innovative ability
• Ability to make compelling presentations
• Ability to influence and sell ideas to diverse groups
• Proactive with a can-do attitude
• Able to work alone and within a team
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills
• Intermediate proficiency in MS Office package (Word, Excel and Power Point)
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in Public Relations or communications (either in-house or in an agency); financial services experience is essential
Education or Certification
• Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Advanced proficiency in (spoken and written) English is required
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in French or German (spoken and written) is preferred