London, United Kingdom
Architect / Architecture,Transaction Processing
Permanent | Full Time
We are looking for a candidate with experience in reference data sourcing, management and distribution in a high-volume transaction processing environment. Based on the role description as outlined below, our preference is for the candidate to have an in-depth understanding of Global Payments (focused on high value, RTGS/Swift and US (Fedwire/ US RTP/ACH) or similar domestic clearing in the UK or EU countries. In lieu of Global Payments experience we will consider candidates with end-to-end transactional experience in other domains such as equities, derivatives, futures, OTC, foreign exchange, commodities, fixed income or credit card.
· The candidate should exhibit demonstrated experience working in a globally distributed team and in partnership with operations, product management/owners and technology teams
· The candidate should be reference data SME and understand evolving business and technology landscape of processes, data and technologies used.
· Knowledge and understanding of Payments applications (or one of the other transactional domain applications) from both functional and technical perspectives is essential.
· Expertise in data modelling, understanding reference data trends and challenges
· Successful candidate must be able to demonstrate extensive experience in delivering technical reference and static data management solutions meeting business data needs.
· Must have working knowledge in interfacing with IT teams with limited exposure to the business. This is primarily an IT role
· Deep expertise in handling structured data and other (unstructured) data types
· Experience working on large scale projects, enterprise data solutions with disparate sources to enable standardization & classification for data processing and consequent application development, including extensive practical skills in developing systems for static and reference data.
· Excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills with a strong focus on execution
· Proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
· Advanced knowledge of SQL, Java, and logical data modelling is required. Ideal candidate would be a technically aligned Data Architect
· Excellent communication, negotiation, networking and influencing skills; excellent consumer relationship management skill with service-oriented mindset
· Ability to work across multiple global business groups and domains; ability to work in fast-paced environment; possess excellent written & verbal communication skills.
· Agile experience is a required.
· Proven experience explaining complex technical concepts to businesspeople and technical experts so they can be debated for best solutions
· Working knowledge of international, high value fund transfer solutions used by banks to process payments for institutional, retails, corporate, and corresponding banking relationships
· Hands-on knowledge of SWIFT workflow
· Proven record of working within a CB / GTB (Commercial Bank/ Global Transaction Banking) organization and building technology solutions
· cloud experience is a big plus
· Google Cloud Platform certification is a major plus