Senior Engineering Manager – Team Lead – Java
- Are you a seasoned engineering leader with a proactive and enquiring mind ?
- Are you constantly looking for gaps, making recommendations and seeking innovative solutions ?
- Are you an inspiring leader capable of bringing multiple, diverse and remote teams together ?
Are you ready to take your career to the next level ?
My client works closely with world-leading cutting-edge brands to provide innovative payment solutions.
As a result of expansion, they are currently seeking a Senior Engineering Manager with product development experience to lead, manage and develop the Enterprise Engineering team.
You will be based in London, leading a distributed team with engineers located around the world. Your team is responsible for developing and maintaining the finance systems to include settlement and reconciliation. You will tackle a range of challenges including improving processes, providing technical leadership and direction for the domain, unifying technologies, and implementing new features with scalability in mind. You will be highly proactive and have bags of initiative, looking for gaps and offering recommendations for improvements.
What you’ll do
- Lead a distributed Engineering team
- Work closely with Stakeholders on building out roadmaps and developing new features from inception to production
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute technically to project/initiatives
- Drive technical projects working with other Technical Leaders
- Provide technical leadership throughout the whole SDLC
- Lead process improvement initiatives to improve Engineering as a whole
- Hands-on technical leader experienced working with large scale systems
- Self-starter – You require little to no supervision
- Demonstrated ability to lead a full stack domain
- Growth-minded – You are curious and enthusiastic to expand your skills
- Ownership– Your team is your business. You are confident, driven, self-motivated and quickly take ownership of your work.
- Product minded – You enjoy working with stakeholders on requirement discovery and building out new features
- Multiplier – You are passionate about growing your team and developing new leaders
- People Management – You care about your engineers and their career progression. You want to ensure they have the right tools to do their job
- Desire for impact - You are willing to take on more responsibilities as opportunities arise
- Exceptional technical background in Software Engineering working on high volume and low latency systems
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work with distributed teams
- Exceptional experience in building high performing teams
- Proven track record establishing technical strategy and roadmap, setting measurable goals and metrics for teams
- Fluent in Java and hands on experience with building service-oriented, database driven applications
- Previous experience as a full stack developer is a plus