£75,000 - £95,000 Per Annum
London, United Kingdom
Architect / Architecture,BACS/Chaps/Swift,IT/Technical,Project/Programme Management,Faster payments
Permanent | Full Time
Senior European Payments Project Manager
Can be based in London - Netherlands - Belgium
European travelling 3-4 days per week
Our client is an award-winning IT services company, working within the payments space and delivering technology solutions to banks & FI's across Europe.
We are now hiring a Senior Project Manager to join the continental European team. The successful candidate must have proven experience of end-to-end management of technical onsite engagements, senior stakeholder management and Agile, feature-based product delivery with typical budgets exceeding £1m. The role may be based anywhere in Europe with regular travel to the London office. Further projects will be throughout Europe. Reporting to a Programme Manager, you will have the opportunity to help shape the future growth of the continental European team. There will be extensive European travel in this role.
· Acting as client interface between technology teams and the client
· Build effective working relationships with both delivery and business development organisations with the objective of seeking opportunities to add value to the end client
· Managing all aspects of project delivery including project planning, resourcing, milestone tracking, commercial management and customer satisfaction
· Providing pragmatic project management guidance to clients and colleagues
·Essential Skills and Experience required:
· Full life-cycle project management experience, reflected in industry related certifications, from initial opportunity through to requirement development / definition, project mobilisation and commercial negotiation of change requests.
· Agile (i.e. scrum, Kanban, DSDM) feature-based Product delivery and release management
· Familiarity with agile / waterfall blended approaches often found in tier 1 financial institutions.
· Supporting multiple project resources including blended teams of colleagues, client and partner resources to share knowledge and develop an integrated delivery ethic.
· Commercial senior stakeholder management and client engagement with a focus on exceptional client satisfaction.
· Working with disparately located teams (both onshore and offshore) and within multi-vendor scenarios.
· Financial Services domain knowledge, preferably in the payments space either within a bank or central infrastructure.
· Practical experience of mobilising technology to meet the market dynamics effecting the financial services domain (Risk / Cost / Customer) and payments.
· Strong team leadership skills, especially in the context of large teams of consulting professionals.
· Comfortable working in a diverse, innovative, flexible, high ambitious and high growth environment.
Skills and Experience required:
· Pre-Sales support
· Travel profile: Candidates should be willing to work at client site in the interest of meeting with customers and collaborating with colleagues
· Applicants must have the right to live and work in the European Union and will be required to partake in pre-employment background checking
· Competitive Salary and benefits package - details vary depending on candidates country of residence.