£60,000 - £65,000 Per Annum
London, United Kingdom
Permanent | Full Time
About the role
Our client helps create a world where people and organizations can maximize potential through a global community of valued connections and opportunities.. Everyone on the team is a true product owner, responsible for ensuring excellence. They are growing fast and are looking for a talented and dynamic Senior Frontend Web Application Developer to join them.
In this role, you will be responsible for: building the first web interface for our client; designing, developing, and maintaining the website, and leading part or all of the web development team. You will also need to ensure that your creations are secure, easily deployable, respectful of device limitations, reasonably backward-compatible, cost-effective, and fit for purpose. In doing so, you will shape the company, and their collective ability to impact the world.
Your responsibilities will vary, but on a day to day basis, you will:
● Build the product and manage the team
○ Collaborate with management, design, and other development teams to define, design, and build new functionality as required, using clean and efficient code
○ Design, build and refactor our web architecture as we evolve, with maintainability and efficient abstraction in mind
○ Verify, test and deploy new builds
○ Inspire and lead junior developers, ensuring their growth
○ Mentor other developers to help them grow, and to ensure our design and development efforts and ethos remain aligned
● Maintain the platform
○ Troubleshoot, debug and enhance the existing codebase, driving towards a continuously more performant, more maintainable, higher quality, and responsive experience
○ Proactively alert others to technical debt, and manage plans to address it without unreasonably compromising delivery timelines
● Plan for the future
○ Act as a product owner, with: zero tolerance for instability, a zeal for improving the development process and user experience, a desire to build designer-developer relationships that balance constraints on both sides, and a vision for what we could do in the future
○ Ensure you are on top of changes to browser rendering behaviour, web standards, security requirements, relevant software framework versions, and other material matters, so that we are always able to release quickly.
○ Propose, evaluate, select, and integrate new technologies when needed
○ Proactively suggest changes to balance cost, security, performance, and deployability
What we are looking for
We value inclusion, impact, transparency, generosity, and teamwork.
We are looking for someone who:; is capable and excited about the role; strives for personal and professional excellence; and wants to make a meaningful difference through their work.
The opportunity is for you if you are:
● Experienced (4+ years of responsive web development in a commercial context, using the technologies noted below), with a strong analytical mind and an ethical approach to development
● Familiar with at least two JS libraries/frameworks (AngularJS, Angular 2+, React, Vue.js, Meteor, Ember, Polymer etc.)
● Comfortable learning new languages and frameworks
● A strong believer in the importance of testing; and comfortable with Git, as well as continuous integration and deployment tools
● Preferably supported by a portfolio of published web software and/or open source contributions
● Knowledgeable about UX and UI, with a deep understanding of web standards, best practices and design patterns commonly used in web development, as well as the impact of design and content changes on searchability and load times
● A leader, experienced in managing small teams of developers through the entire software development lifecycle, in maintaining and continually improving a lean software development process, and in delivering high quality code reviews, with a toolbelt of best practices for professional software development
● Passionate about extracting every last ounce of performance from mobile and desktop browsers
What we offer
We balance our drive for delivery with flexible working arrangements, generous maternity and paternity leave, weekly team lunches, and the chance to truly shape the culture you work in. You will never run out of fascinating problems to solve and will have incredible opportunities to work with a diverse team that cares about your growth.