Competitive plus bonus & benefits
Reading, United Kingdom
Permanent | Full Time
We are currently recruiting for a strong, ambitious product manager with a business payments background and a good appreciation for Open Banking (how it can benefit UK corporates), to help accelerate the next phase of incredible growth for this leading payment solutions company.
As part of the commercial product team you will be responsible for managing products & propositions at the business level across the full lifecycle, from inception through launch and into sales maximisation. A strong background in the industry, a desire to own and grow your responsibilities and profile, and be an evangelist of your product sets is a must.
• Substantial experience in a Product Management function with strong business skills, and a degree of technical familiarity.
• A background in Business or Corporate payments, ideally with Account Payable and Account Receivable experience and a good understanding of Open Banking.
• You will ideally also have an appreciation for the user experience at each stage of the payments journey from both the business and also its customers / consumers
• Good experience of managing products which have a digital front end and are used by both business customers and consumers to make payments
• Have a proven track record of launching great products to the market that deliver on their business goals and then managing them to ensure their continued success
• A team player who is adept at energising and working with the relevant cross-functional teams required to drive success for your product including sales, marketing, finance, legal, delivery, operations etc.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for Product Managers that can clearly identify and articulate product opportunities, both internally and with potential customers to rapidly shape, validate and develop propositions.
• You will bring your own drive & expertise, working with cross functional teams to move a proposition from an initial concept through the various new product development stages to delivery and launch - working with the Sales & Market Development teams along the way to develop a solid business case and forecast
• You will work with the Product Delivery teams to ensure the proposition is clearly understood, planned, costed, validated and brought to market in a timely fashion, with progress along the way clearly communicated and issues resolved through your close relationships and initiative with the teams
• You will ensure exceptional proposition launches to receptive and responsive client bases through training and on-going close working with the business and sales teams, whilst also developing marketing campaigns to drive awareness and sales alongside the creation of high quality marketing, sales materials and events
• You will take ownership for the in-life success of a proposition, establishing KPIs, monitoring its performance, competitor activity, industry changes and evolving customer needs - and then identifying and implementing campaigns and enhancements to ensure the continued success of the proposition.
• You will have a strong background in product management, in the business/corporate payments space or adjunctive market. You will also have a good appreciation for Open Banking (AISP, PISP, Request to Pay etc.) and how it can benefit UK corporates
• You are a self–starter that can take ownership for an early stage concept and drive it to launch through exceptional insight, teamwork and focus – working at all levels within a business to articulate the why and how of a proposition; and how it aligns with business goals.
• You are adept at setting a product strategy and then delivering it, including defining how your product needs to evolve to adapt to emerging industry trends, changing customer needs and evolving competitive threats.