Negotiable dependent on experience
FinTech,IT/Technical,Java,Mobile Commerce,Tester/Testing,Engineer,Software Engineer
Permanent | Full Time
Senior QA Engineer – Test in Dev / SDET – Java
My client works closely with world-leading cutting-edge brands to provide innovative payment solutions.
As a result of expansion, we are currently helping them hire a Senior QA Engineer out of the Dusseldorf office to support teams in Europe.
As such you will be the first and only QA member in this location with other team members in the Mumbai and San Francisco offices.
You will be responsible for the performance of functional and integration testing, as well as the development and execution of automated tests.
In this role, you will:
- Partner closely with Product, Engineers and other QAs to understand feature roadmap and develop a comprehensive testing plans with supporting test cases and schedule
- Be our gatekeeper for quality using both automated and manual tests, reporting, verifying defects, and signing-off on features and release candidates
- Own the authorization and execution of test plans and test cases
- Drive innovation and pilot improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the teams speed, quality and efficiency
- Provide guidance and mentor less experienced team members
- Provide overall software quality assurance leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects or activities
- At least 6 years of professional work experience in Software QA or Engineering; with particular strength in SDET or test in dev
- Self-directed and self-motivated with excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills with proven experience leading a team as team lead or test lead
- Demonstrated ability to autonomously solve problems in collaboration with direct and extended teams
- Excellent knowledge of QA automation architecture, methodologies, processes and tools
- Experience in automating functional and integration testing of backend services and web applications
- Proven experience in evaluating designs and project initiatives for compliance with quality assurance guidelines and standards; provide tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate risks
- Experience in Java, Unix or Linux command line, SQL, CSS, HTML
- Proficiency in Java script, Python or shell scripting
- Background as a Software Engineer is a plus