£35,000 - £75,000 Per Annum
Reading, United Kingdom
FinTech,IT/Technical,PSD2,Software Development,Transaction Processing
Permanent | Full Time
In this role, you will be:
● Creating high quality, reliable software and contributing to the technical vision for the business
● Used to working with a TDD/BDD software development environment
● Using pair programming to create code, solve problems and to help your colleagues
● Working in a collaborative environment where your ideas and opinions are valued and respected
● Taking responsibility for the reliability, performance and supportability of your code in production environments
● Working with and helping other team members to share experiences to develop your collective skills and capabilities
The software development team is creating and managing the software and systems behind our state-of-the-art technology platform. As a software developer you will be playing a full part in this team, helping to build out the service platform by delivering high quality systems code. Your work will be used in both high volume transaction environments (back-end APIs) and our forward-facing client user interfaces (front-end web services). You will have the opportunity to work across the ‘full stack’ of our software environment.
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for people with experience in software development using a range of technologies, with a passion for learning more and for helping others to exploit them.
Well practiced in agile development, you could currently be a junior developer looking to develop skills and to take on a larger challenge, or an existing developer that relishes the challenge of delivering systems code in to a high-volume, high-availability SaaS environment. Either way, we are looking for practical people with the right experience and attitude that have a passion for developing systems in to demanding environments such as ours.
It is likely that you have worked with a variety of technologies, probably including:
- Cloud Platform such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Test automation frameworks such as Jest, Newman, Cypress, Cucumber
- Build application pipelines using Jenkins, CicleCI, etc.
- SaaS and RESTful API solutions
- Multi-zone, multi-region, internationalised, resilient and scalable applications
- Building application monitoring solutions
- Working with GitHub, Gitlab etc
- Productivity tools such as Jira, Slack, etc.