TECHNICAL CONSULTANT - Switching & Routing - Optical
- Successfully manages customer relationships
- Supports delivery of service programme to major customers belonging to the organisation .
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of highly complex networking problems.
- Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues.
- Introduces new ways of working
- Demonstration of organisation's products and solutions to customers.
- Ability to sell / present to customers the value of Advanced Services
- Collaborates proactively to ensure optimal use of resources to meet customer needs.
- Contribute to customers knowledge through the delivery of Knowledge Transfer Sessions
The Senior Consultant may perform any of the following components of the role breakdown depending on specific engagements:
Project Consulting role:
- Generates standard project documentation including detailed test plan for highly complex networks.
- Generates network configurations from Low Level Design for highly complex networks.
- Supports pre-sales activity for highly complex networks.
- Plans and executes highly complex Network Upgrade and Network Migration activity.
- Leads network design workshop.
Proactive Service & Support:
- Works extensively with clients, Account Team and organisation resources on developing a strategy and the deployment of most complex services and required Network Support Systems
- Assists customer with deployment and strategy of highly complex tools and related Network Management Systems
- Leads design workshop
- Design ongoing consultation to support engineering department and operations
Reactive Service & Support:
- Assures that the most complex customer network problems across a broad range of technologies are properly and quickly resolved.
- Acts as a focal point for most complex network problem resolution
Advanced Services Technology Specialization Teams:
- Provides training as well as real-time escalation response for support issues.
- Owns responsibility for driving regional Advanced Services projects.
- Provide mentoring and coaching for juniors to develop future technical resources
- Excellent understanding of own Customer’s business goals and objectives.
- Be recognized as SME for the development and delivery of Knowledge Transfer sessions
- Typically requires University degree or equivalent plus 5-6 years experience in network Consulting or telecommunications support environment.
- Deployment/Operations Engineer
- Network Operations and Implementation background
- 5 to 6 years of experience
- Expert knowledge of Optical technologies
- Good interpersonal skills, Self-Motivated and Team player
- Deploy configurations, manage execution in activating network routers and associated ports
- Troubleshooting activities and root cause analysis
- Platform/ Technologies: OPTICAL, DC PLATFORM AND TECHNOLOGY, ROUTING and SWITCHING
Type and Size of Projects
- Main activities: support Customer in day to day operational activities from being escalation point for critical incidents, managing change and support customer in deployment of activities (create/review MOP , implementation, configuration, commissioning, etc.)
- Leads and works on projects that are strategic, of high visibility, and involve highly complex emerging technologies and solutions integration. Is size a determinant
- Represents Advanced Services in providing leadership and direction on solutions that maximize business benefits to the customer
- Accountable to highest levels of senior management to ensure project commitments and Advanced Services deliverables are met. Recommends and initiates projects to benefit customers and Advanced Services wide objectives.
Interface & Communication
- Leads others in a team environment to achieve common goals. Provides technical leadership to customers & internal resources.
- Shapes the opinions of key stakeholders (customers, vendors, business partners).
- Resolves problems that have been escalated to the highest level for mission critical implementations.
- Focuses organizations on doing what is best for the customer
- Participates as special beta testers, works with BUs, member of v-technical teams, etc.
- Solves complex, cross-functional issues that cross many technologies. Can apply good analytic process to any issue to help bring to resolution.
- CCIE or CCNP in Routing Switching
- Cisco Optical Products platform
- Cisco DWDM ( Cisco NCS2k, NCS1K)
- Deployment project
- 4-5 years of experience
- SP customer
- Speaks French and English
- Strong understanding of all chosen current technologies and good understanding of emerging technologies. Focus on technology and how to use it.
- Proven technical project management skills.
- Strong technical presentation skills to all levels
- Leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to influence at senior levels internally and within customer organizations.