£60,000 - £80,000 Per Annum
Reading, United Kingdom
Permanent | Full Time
Technical Lead Developer
My client provides regulatory checking and consent/preference management services to global financial institutions. The regulatory checking and token management services are designed to operate at both high volume and with high availability, delivering low latency responses 24 hours a day. Their SaaS platform has been purpose built and utilises some of the latest cloud-based technologies.
They are now preparing for the next round of business expansion and service delivery and are seeking a Technical Lead Developer
In this role, you will set application architecture and system design patterns, set and maintain coding development patterns and standards, and provide direction to other development staff and resources. The role is critical to the development and delivery of high quality systems code that operates in both high volume transaction environments and through web services.
My client works with a DevOps approach using an agile scrum environment adopting continuous integration and delivery techniques throughout the delivery lifecycle, including continuous integration and testing. They seek to utilise platform engineering best practices to develop secure, robust code that performs to demanding financial services industry requirements and scales reliably and predictably.
You will be joining a growing, professional and highly motivated team. We expect you to feel valued, to learn lots and explore new areas. We also expect you help use that learning to bring the rest of the team with you. All of it will benefit you, the team, the business, the systems and our clients
As Technical Lead Engineer you will be responsible for leading the development and management of the growing application environment. Through your expertise, guidance and thought leadership, you will help to guide the development team through the building out and further evolution of the services platform
Key responsibilities, you will be:
● Championing software quality and technical vision for the business
● Championing TDD/BDD software development
● Facilitating problem solving and driving your fellow developers to make them a reality
● Working in a collaborative environment where your ideas and opinions are valued and respected
● Working with and leading other developers in the business and assisting with their mentoring and career development plans
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for people with experience in software development using a range of technologies, with a passion for learning more and for helping others to exploit them.
You will possess the following traits:
· Well practiced in Agile development, you could currently be a senior developer looking to take on a larger challenge or an existing lead developer that enjoys being hands-on and practical. Either way, we are looking for an individual with the right experience and attitude who has a passion for helping teams and businesses drive the best from their technology systems.
Located in the centre of Reading, they provide an excellent package including pension, a bonus scheme and equity share. In return they will expect you to provide the intellectual leadership, drive and focus to create and deliver innovative solutions to engage with their clients