£65,000 - £80,000 Per Annum
London, United Kingdom
Airline / Aviation and Travel Payments,Business Development,Sales,Travel/T&E
Permanent | Full Time
Business Development Manager - Travel / Transit / Transportation
Up to £80,000 basic plus OTE
A leading global fintech with an inclusive team, compelling product and unique position within the payments space is seeking a Sales specialist to join the London team focussing on the travel industry.
In this role, you will report to the Head of International Sales and focus on winning new business, contributing to the company's growth.
About the role:
To accelerate the growth of the business, we are looking for a highly motivated Sales professional. You will be selling to travel merchants across Europe. This will require working across different teams within the company, as well as building relationships with merchants’ product owners. You will have a background in the travel and payments industry with a thorough understanding of what merchants need from a payment provider and how these solutions can be provided.
● Manage the entire sales cycle, from lead generation to contract execution, targeting potential customers globally
● Act as the point of contact for merchants and partners with regards to product requests, contracts and operative issues on a daily basis
● Acquire merchants and ensure efficient sales processes, including comprehensive KYC, regulatory, risk management and successful integration
● Create and maintain internal sales and account management activity planning and reports
● Manage merchant integration with assistance from the technical integration specialists and be the primary merchant integration contact for the first 3 months
● Continuously evaluate and propose improvements in the current sales process
● When needed, facilitate other revenue generating action/opportunities owned and operated by other teams, e.g. Marketing
● Participate in and contribute to all relevant industry marketing activities, including conferences, fairs and meetups
● Stay informed on relevant industry trends to recognise merchants’ pain points
● You must be a self-starter who is prepared to roll your sleeves up and get involved
● You have a minimum of 5+ years of experience in payments/banking industry/sales/business development, with a focus on the travel sector
● You're motivated by working in a fast-paced and energetic environment
● You’re able to travel regularly between offices, and are equally comfortable working individually as in a small group
● Your track record of success in the Business Development/Sales area within the travel industry speaks for itself