Anti-Financial Crime Operations and Quality Assurance Manager
Our client is a global fintech building a digital bank with a fully remote team distributed across 50 countries
We are looking for an Anti-Financial Crime (‘AFC’) Operations and Quality Assurance Manager who will work closely with the Head of AFC Operations and Investigations to enhance and run the AFC Operations function..
You will be collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams, frequently working with senior management and directly managing an operational team. Day to day you will provide financial crime advice on more complex cases to the operational team whilst also working on key departmental and business initiatives.
This role is ideally suited to an individual who is dynamic and comfortable working fluidly alongside competing and changing deliveries. It would suit an analytical thinker with strong financial crime prevention expertise across a range of different types of financial crime and with a solid understanding of financial crime regulatory requirements. You should be a team player and comfortable working autonomously some of the time. Some of the topics you will be involved in, at a technical level, will be Know Your Customer (‘KYC’), Transaction Monitoring, Customer Risk Assessment, Behavioural Profiling, Suspicious Activity Reporting, Fraud and Indemnities, Complaints and Financial Crime Preventions Systems.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations and Investigations to design, execute and implement a new financial crime prevention strategy and associated systems and controls for Xapo;
- Advise AFC Operations team on more advanced or technical aspects of a customer case across a wide range of AFC topics including KYC, transaction monitoring and suspicious activity reporting;
- Plan and Execute the AFC Analyst and Team Lead Rota to maintain a fully 24/7 staffing function;
- Create and implement staff performance and operational performance management information reports;
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team and with key stakeholders in order to effect positive change
- Manage a team of AFC Analysts and Team Leaders to maintain appropriate staff morale, competence and resources to meet the department’s needs;
- Take responsibility for the operation of Quality Assurance within the Operations function;
- Work closely with the AFC Investigations Manager to tackle complex financial crime and to adapt systems and processes to future proof against similar typologies;
- Support the MLRO team in fulfilling their statutory obligations by ensuring cooperation with their requests, by highlighting trends or issues of concern that they would wish to know and by controlling the high-quality production of internal suspicious activity reports to the MLRO team;
- Implement and maintain highly effective, clear and organised record-keeping practices within the AFC Operations team.
- Extensive technical knowledge of financial crime prevention;
- A strong understanding of financial crime prevention systems;
- A background in Fintech financial crime prevention, or compliance
- At least basic SQL or other programming language skills for data analysis;
- A proven track record of stepping up, taking responsibility and delivering;
- Experience working across or closely with other teams to develop, execute or implement key projects;