Certification / Testing Project Manager with Payment Network / Fintech experience - 12 months - 5 years contract
Certification Project manager - Payments / Fintech Financial Services
Asia Pacific - Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Hong Kong. Japan, Taiwan or any other AP location
English plus another language
Must have existing residency or work permit for their location
Key skills in order
- Project management
- Testing – must be able to read and understand logs
- Second Language
- Payments experience preferred but can give training
12 month contract extendable to 5 years
Our client is looking for a Certification Project Manager to support the boarding and ongoing system testing of international participants on the company network. As Certification Project Manager, you will facilitate system testing activities for participants, including core network systems (such as authorizations, interchange and EMV) as well as specific functionality and products. You will coordinate with network participants (clients) and the clients’ assigned account executive to plan, schedule, and complete required certification work including such activities as creating test scripts for all interfaces, creating certification documents for the clients, validating file transmission, and trouble-shooting issues that may arise with client and/or network systems. You will manage multiple simultaneous projects, and plan and prioritise work accordingly in collaboration with clients, account executives, certification team leads, technology experts and vendors.
- Manage the full certification process for all client types across all interfaces, including direct interaction and coordination of efforts with external clients and third-party vendors, and internal Account Executives, system engineers, and business technology (“IT”) subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Create and implement client-specific certification project plans.
- Work with client and SMEs to identify and resolve test defects, system failures, and configuration issues, directly coordinating efforts or submitting service tickets where appropriate.
- Report progress and otherwise communicating effectively with assigned account executives, team coordinators and management.
- Ensure all project work is completed within appropriate SLAs and that validation and approval steps are performed, as required.
- Provide peer reviews, feedback and project support to peer project managers.
- Provide feedback on certification processes/procedures and tools to optimize client support and overall process effectiveness. Contribute to the accuracy of project guides and templates.
- Support compliance monitoring and audit preparation (e.g., proper project activity evidence collection, storage and retrieval) efforts.
- Strong project management skills with experience managing multiple concurrent, multi-faceted projects through the entire project life cycle.
- Functional knowledge of essential payment industry systems (i.e., authorizations, interchange, disputes) and related products, including especially EMV
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment and performing responsible risk-management in day-to-day activities, such as adhering to documented standards and procedures.
- English speaker/writer
- Cross-functional knowledge of the Payment Network Industry focusing on technology support and operations
- Experience working with financial institutions, primarily in the Asia-Pacific region for the AP based role
- Strong communication skills which allow effective communication with external clients, including primarily non-native English speakers, and all levels of employees and management
- Strong English speaking and writing skills
- Ability to analyze and improve existing processes
- Working experience with core office tools, such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, Sharepoint and other common collaboration tools.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently of direct supervision and in collaboration across geographical, cultural and time zones. Self-motivation.
- Willingness and ability to flex working hours to support clients in their local business hours