€90,000 - €120,000 Per Annum
Acquirer Services/Merchant Services,Payment Gateway
Permanent | Full Time
(BN527) Chief Technical Officer CTO
Salary: €90,000 - €120,000 Per Annum (+ bonus & benefits )
Our client is a scale up fin-tech business working with payment technology, launched as a sales/marketing brand to attract merchants and to connect them with reliable partner processors. Our success continued when we created our own proprietary built payments technology that covers Europe’s core local payment methods & the open banking space. Our clients are generally within gaming, and as we continue through our ‘Scale up’ phase, we thrive to keep an ethical strategy at the forefront of our day-to-day business activities to give our clients and partners the reassurance they need.
About the role:
We have created a (PHP/Laravel) payments software product. The platforms that it works on are technically rich combinations of software, cloud services, hardware and networks that are high performance, high reliability, and high security. To ensure that these platforms remain at the forefront of the highly competitive and evolving payments markets, we need a Payments CTO, reporting to the CEO & working closely with the Head of Operations, to improve and develop both the current product set and drive its technology strategy for future scalability.
· This role is pivotal to the success of the business, and we require a technologist that will take ownership of the existing IT solution, develop, and improve it, build a strategy to deliver further product functionality, and deliver the future proof technology we need.
· Working with an existing outsourced team of developers whilst building our own in-house team, you will be a great people leader who wants to lead from the front, remaining hands-on in the business whilst developing & directing others.
· Recruit and hire a team of class leading developers.
· Ensure the back end of our product is fit for purpose, investigate and report on the existing software and suggest, then implement, improvements & fixes.
· Taking responsibility for all resources & budgets, and implementing best process management standards - reviewing, mapping, and optimising all procedures, policies, processes.
· Designing and implementing the wider technology strategy and standards, including a Business Continuity Plan, leading by example, and becoming our SME by demonstrating your deep expertise in payments and technology.
· Leading the development of backend system platforms.
· Managing staffing and team management, helping the CEO to create a culture of service excellence & innovation, honesty, and fun.
· Creating a productive and energetic environment within the department.
· Negotiating with vendors and monitoring outsourcing contracts.
• You are likely to be an experienced developer, team leader, CTO or IT/software professional currently working within payments / financial technology & keen to join a scale up business within this space.
• Excellent general communications skills, able to engage with fluency both technical and non-technical staff, keeping communication open and having the confidence to push back and challenge where necessary.
• Deep understanding of the payment’s domain, associated technologies, business processes and the complexities of the payments ecosystem.
• Familiarity with the wider fintech landscape & good experience in people leadership of technical teams, credible across technical domains.
• Experience of high-quality technical development (especially focused on PHP/Laravel).
• Capable of seeing beyond the technical into the wider strategic and commercial view
• Comfortable with ambiguity and change, working in a scale up environment which is fast paced and challenging.
• Strong relationship building skills & a natural problem solver in the technical domain