Dependent on experience
London, United Kingdom
Digital Payments & Wallets,Legal,Mobile Commerce
Permanent | Full Time
Commercial Lawyer – Fintech / Payments
Our client is a global fintech with clients including Apple, Netflix and Spotify amongst others.
Due to a high volume of work the legal team is looking for a new Senior Commercial Counsel to join the global team in London. You will be responsible for providing legal and risk management expertise across the business and play a key role in helping the business realise various commercial and strategic imperatives.
You will give commercial as well as legal advice, operate comfortably and effectively in many different jurisdictions, and promptly identify risks and issues for escalation to appropriate senior stakeholders.
This is a fast paced environment , so you will need to be able to cope with change quickly and be enthused and excited about what’s around the corner. This also means the ability to make quick, confident, commercial calls - both assist and lead on complex contract negotiations.
This is a small team, that covers a lot of ground, and it can only do that by being hardworking, flexible, adaptable and agile – both within the business and within the team.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the ability to work independently and collaboratively with internal stakeholders and possess the ability to forge strong relationships with individuals from a variety of backgrounds/cultures at all levels of management and work within cross-functional teams
Day to day you will :
· Support Company’s various contract drafting and negotiations with its global supplier and merchants base
· Advise Commercial, Finance, Engineering, Compliance and Product teams on various matters including data protection, technology law, regulatory, compliance and IP
· Develop expertise in Company products and build strong relationships with cross-functional colleagues in various offices
· Develop a detailed understanding of the current agreements with strategic merchants to effectively advise the business on matters that may arise and to drive future business
· Support on major commercial projects and workstreams
· Be a sounding board for senior commercial stakeholders on strategic commercial issues
· Provide training to commercial teams on relevant topics
· Assist with the maintenance and development of Company’s contract database, onboarding/contract management processes and agreement templates
· Helping develop junior members of the team
To be successful in this role, you will possess :