£80,000 - £100,000 Per Annum
Brighton, United Kingdom
Permanent | Full Time
High growth fintech is currently looking to hire a dynamic, experienced and motivated Compliance professional to join the team. With a good knowledge of PSR’s and e-money, you will be splitting your time between a business advisory role and a hands-on one, working closely with the business to de-mystify compliance and take responsibility for the financial crime & regulatory framework within the company.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a busy, fast paced and successful fin-tech in the payments space, with an opportunity to have a true impact and influence on the future success of the company.
The Senior Compliance Director will be responsible for ensuring the firm adheres to the UK regulatory standards required by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Payment Scheme rules, and any other regulatory requirements in which the firm operates. This role will require a balance between Compliance whilst supporting the firm’s growth.
The role will be responsible for:
• Oversight of the firm’s compliance with the FCA’s Rules on systems and controls as per the FCA Handbook and Scheme Risk Management Rules as delegated by the CEO.
• Ensuring a strong working relationship is maintained with the FCA and any other regulators where applicable and submission of all required regulatory reporting.
• Ensuring existing Policies & Procedures are adhered to.
• Ensuring the firm’s regulatory compliance as an Electronic Money Institution.
• Monitoring the day-to-day operation of the firm’s AML/CTF policies and dialogue with the FCA.
• Providing MI and ensuring an annual formal update is reported on the effectiveness of the Company’s overall arrangements
• Supporting the CEO/Board focus on managing the money laundering/terrorist financing risk across the business areas.
• Act as the Company’s nominated person concerning managing Internal & external communications and reports to the appropriate enforcement agencies (SARs Regime).
• Lead role in the ongoing maintenance of a culture towards Compliance and Financial-Crime matters by the Company and its employees and/or agents/third parties.
• Advisory on regulatory issues to all areas of the business and ensuring ongoing updates on regulatory changes and lead implementation.
• Regularly reviewing developments in applicable legislation and guidance (domestic and international where the business is involved); Performing initial gap analysis and implement changes where essential.
• Maintaining and developing the risk-based approach to AML and CTF arrangements - carrying out regular assessments of the adequacy of systems and controls, contributing and leading on the prompt identification, escalation and resolution of risk issues and events, obtaining any necessary input, decision-making and collaborative support from relevant senior-management to ensure that risks are managed/mitigated effectively.
• Periodically briefing the CCO and executive management on relevant regulatory developments and issues including the Company’s active risk status with applicable regulations that directly or indirectly affecting its business and organisation.
• Aid in preparation for External/Internal Audits/Client Visits; Review of audit findings for compliance related matters and Internal Audit point of contact for all impending compliance related audits
• Ensure ongoing adherence to Payment scheme rules including reporting
• Managing and oversight of both the Fraud & Disputes Teams.
This position will suit a professional and dynamic individual who has strong experience of working in compliance within the financial services sector. In particular, the successful candidate will possess or demonstrate the following:
• Proven experience in the understanding and interpretation of regulation across the financial services sector. Detailed knowledge of FCA rules and current regulatory proposals, together with European level regulatory initiatives and requirements and a broad knowledge of other key regulators; Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the UK and EU laws and regulatory requirements relating to Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Terrorist Financing, Money Laundering Regulations 2017, 4th Money Laundering Directive, Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, Terrorism Act and associated legislation, Criminal Finance Act 2017, UK and US Anti-Bribery & Corruption legislation, JMLSG, FATF and other Tertiary Guidance.
• Knowledge of and a good understanding of current UK/EU Data Protection including changes under the European Union General Data Protection Requirement (“GDPR”) and Data Protection Act.
• Excellent working knowledge of banking and the financial systems in general; Strong Compliance and MLRO background in payment services/e-money/retail or corporate banking.
• Knowledge of Corporate Governance, compliance requirements and internal risk management.
• Ability to understand and interpret regulatory requirements and translate effectively in an easy to understand format for the business
• Confident and credible, especially when dealing with peers, superiors, internal and external customers.
• High level of confidentiality and ability to act in a discreet manner at all times in regard to information in their possession.
• High level of research skills and be fully conversant with Company procedures and databases utilised in relation to customer and enhanced due diligence processes.