Leatherhead, United Kingdom
Finance,International Money Transfer,Prepaid cards,Transaction Processing,Compliance,AML,MLRO,KYC
Permanent | Full Time
Do you possess?
· An Accountancy qualification ACA, ACCA, CIMA ?
· Financial Conduct Authority, Second Electronic Money Directive, Payment Services Regulations, Anti-Money Laundering and Data Protection Act experience ?
· Experience in dealing with the card associations. MasterCard and Visa in particular would be beneficial ?
About the Company: SWAPX is a fast moving, innovative and agile Fintech business, which focuses on the pre-paid card programme management and payment space with products and technology that involve FX and Travel insurance. From providing a white labelled travel or general spend prepaid card for consumer focused brands to a range of business payment solutions offering convenience and control, we can develop the right solution for a wide range of businesses.
Although still very much in start-up mode, SWAPX has been trading for three years and is fully funded having just completed a round of significant investment. We are entering a new phase of growth and are looking for innovative, self-starters to join our team to develop and grow the business with us.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to bring your knowledge and expertise in Finance to a fast growing, agile business that can offer a healthy work-life balance and great career development.
In this role, you will have responsibility for:
· Responsibility for monitoring and controlling overall working capital, linking with the operations & sales teams;
· The integration of operational & financial reporting systems, to ensure both relevance and efficiency in data handling, and reporting;
· The provision, as required, of commercial analysis and advice to the business on matters such as pricing, contractual terms, and cost analysis;
· Managing customer/client credit control activities;
· Managing the processing and reporting of payroll and pensions, including liaison with HMRC and pension administrators and regulators;
· Tracking & reporting KPI’s & flash reports appropriate to highlight significant operational & financial issues;
· Implementing financial controls for the business, including the production of procedures/guidelines for financially significant areas;
· Reporting as required to assist in managing relationships & communicating with key external financial stakeholders including bankers & other funders, auditors, investor relations, tax & other professional advisors;
Financial & data control
· Tracking & reconciling customer card fund load with acquiring bank;
· Monitoring & managing the card loads value with issuing bank fund holdings, including aggregate values, clearance delays, prefunding requirements, fees earned, incurred and held. Tracking and reconciling customer fund holding by currency and any surplus/deficit;
· Administering all issuing bank reporting requirements;
· Monitoring & reconciling user transaction activity across issuing bank and Mastercard network, including identification of fees and costs;
· Development of appropriate reconciliation processes and tools & reporting to facilitate efficient data handling;
· Monitoring & reporting of financial performance by card-type and “white-label” customer e.g. P&L by client
· Liasion with operations/ compliance/Tech teams to undertake effective card user, transaction and payment processing
· The production of business & branch management accounts, both detailed preparation and management of the process, including setting and enforcement of the month-end timetable;
· In conjunction with the senior management team, overseeing and managing the annual budgeting process, including business modelling and forecasting covering annual budget, rolling forecast and longer-term financial projection;
· Responsibility for monitoring and controlling business cash flow, including any business treasury activities;
· Monitoring performance against budget and pro-actively working with other departments to control margins & overheads;
· Continued improvement of key financial controls and processes, including documentation;
· Preparation of annual financial statements, reports and tax returns in line with relevant legislation;
· Liaison with the business’s tax advisors to manage the business’s tax liabilities & compliance;
· Reporting to Board / Ad Hoc Financial monitoring
You will possess:
· Demonstrable experience in the card payment industry, ideally in prepaid cards or electronic money
· Experience in dealing with the card associations. MasterCard and Visa in particular would be beneficial.
· Very familiar with Conduct Risk and Treating Customers Fairly.