€65,000 - €72,000 Per Annum
Acquirer Services/Merchant Services,Business Development,Card payment schemes/systems,Marketing,Sales
Permanent | Full Time
Head of Acquiring Sales – Benelux and France – Paris
Card schemes, acquiring, acquirers, sales, payments, card acceptance, acquiring sales,
Our client is a global card scheme seeking an experienced Head of Sales with a track record of working with Acquirers.
You will grow card acceptance and sales through partnering with acquirers, issuing institutions, agents and merchants in France and BENELUX. You will work closely with potential and existing acquirers to drive business results, while building strategic alliances.
You will manage the acquiring sales team and work closely with our European and Global Headquarters.
Day to day you will:
• Identify potential licensees and initiate discussions on business opportunities
• Lead negotiations and build business relationships with Acquirers
• Leverage the relationships with licensees, banks/institutions to expand the brand activities and promote merchant/card member acquisitions
• Build alliances and maintain relationships with existing and potential acquirers; expanding acceptance routes with existing partners (mPos, PSPs etc.)
• Understand the acquiring market structure in each market and identify the main players
• Recruit merchants for card acceptance
• Manage the team’s operational and relationship activities
• Liaise with Commercial teams at European Headquarters to drive card acceptance, increase sales and maximise brand awareness
• Represent and promote the company at conferences
• Provide monthly reports on the progress of business objectives and other business indices and attend monthly management meetings
• Manage the acquiring sales team to ensure achievement on the team’s KPI’s
• Build and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders in the European and Global offices
• Travel as required to perform business activities
Skills Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum 8 years’ sales experience in Financial Services sales and marketing required; Payment Card Industry experience is preferred
• Strong sales and marketing skills
• Customer development and relationship management skills
• Strong leadership skills - experience in team management
• Ability to execute against strategy and drive results
• Demonstrable analytical and data interpretation skills
• Strong presentation skills, articulate, able to communicate clearly at all levels
• Resourceful in resolving issues and solving problems, leveraging resources to get results
• Creates an atmosphere in which timely information flows smoothly throughout all levels of the organisation.
• Actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal, professional and business growth; shares learning
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence others.
• Strong planning and organising skills
• Effective decision-making skills; can choose a prompt course of action amongst options involving uncertainty or risk
• Fluent French and English, written and spoken