€85,000 - €100,000 Per Annum
Acquirer Services/Merchant Services,ATMs,International Money Transfer,Prepaid cards,Compliance,MLRO
Permanent | Full Time
My client is a leading provider of secure electronic payment solutions facilitating the global movement of payments.
Responsible for processing over two billion transactions annually, they are comprised of three key business segments: Electronic Financial Transactions (including Payments Software), Prepaid and Money Transfer.
We are recruiting a Head of MLRO, with demonstrable experience in the payments space. Reporting into the MD, this is an opportunity to join a multinational team in a dynamic, rapidly expanding company.
You will lead the development, implementation and administration of all aspects of departmental operations in the UK and Europe primarily through its authorized electronic money institution and across a wider scale for non-regulated business lines. The range of operations include; ATM and point-of-sale acquiring, issuance of e-money and money transfer services. You will have experience across several of these service lines.
You will be supported by a team of Compliance Officers planning, organizing, and controlling the day-to-day administrative and operational compliance activities of the team, and in doing so collaborate with wider compliance colleagues and senior management.
This role will involve 2-3 trips a month to UK and mainland Europe.
To lead your team in the following areas:
· Establish, document and maintain processes and policies
· Develop and maintain an annual compliance framework
· Monitor and implement legal and regulatory changes
· Provide compliance input into projects and new business and product initiatives
· Lead preparation for regulatory visits, as well as internal and external audits
· Participation in and/or support for various committees and audits
· Provide guidance across multiple level seniority stakeholders on compliance and AML/CTF matters
· Regulatory reporting
· KYC and Enhanced Due Diligence checks and follow-up
· Merchant on-boarding and on-going monitoring
· Be the ultimate point of call for Complaints handling and analysis of complaints data
· Development and delivery of compliance audit work-plans
· System development/integration/implementation
· Risk assessment & analysis
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in Compliance/AML within banking, Fin-Tech, e-money and/or payment services
· Prior experience in one or more of the ATM, prepaid card, e-money issuing, merchant acquiring or payments sectors
· Good understanding of the legal, regulatory and reputational risks of existing and new business lines within the payments sector including in the area of e-money and/or payment services and a capacity to understand the application of local regulations in other European Member States.
· Knowledge and understanding of Card Scheme rules, regulations and requirements and PCI DSS compliance
· An ability to design Management Information reports and provide analysis on the data
· Experience of compliance systems development, integration and implementation
· Fluent verbal and written English. Additional European languages are beneficial