Our client is a leading travel company, with a fantastic brand reputation and an extensive product portfolio including tour operators, cruise & airline sectors to their global business. A unique opportunity has now arisen to join the business at a senior management level, to take full responsibility for payments, both business as usual and having input as they transition to a new global payments model.
You will take full end to end responsibility for the UK&I payment chain, including the design strategy, future roadmap, supplier management (acquirer, PSP & alternative payment methods) and your remit will include management of compliance & regulatory aspects too.
This is a true leadership role - you will work closely with senior leaders across the business, in many departments, to ensure the payments team are delivering against business objectives, Equally, you will lead, motivate an inspire your own team, demonstrating influencing, management and development skills. The company is broad and you will need to understand the specific requirements placed on travel companies by schemes & acquirers.
About the role:
- you will lead the payments team, delivering a fantastic portfolio of payments products transacting over £6bn+ annually, across a range of omni-channel payment networks
- using your experience of compliance, risk and AML, you will work with the schemes/acquirers/gateways/PSP's to ensure we remain compliant and utilise best practise wherever possible, working with our AML, GDPR & MLRO teams
- work closely with colleagues to help deliver & implement the new global payments platform, which will improve customer experience and choice
- be a hands-on team player, demonstrating your experience & knowledge around fraud, disputes, chargebacks, regulatory changes and vendor management through your team
- pro-actively manage vendors and suppliers
- you will monitor and stay on top of what's happening in the travel & payments industries, with a focus on UK&I but with a broader eye on ROW developments
- it's likely you will have a good grasp of how payments fits into finance & reconciliations
Our ideal candidate:
We are really flexible on location, travel and if/when you want to come into the office (Luton based). It's really important you love the role & want to deliver on behalf of yourself & your team, so we will do everything we can to support & develop your career. You are likely to have the following background:
- experience of leading payments & delivering omni-channel payments systems, online and offline payments, remote/virtual payments & alternative payment methods in a large scale, matrix-led organisation
- good knowledge of compliance, regulation, scheme rules & pricing
- experience of delivering PCI-DSS compliance programmes
- will be a great team leader who will inspire and develop their own team, drive strong performance and manage great talent
- had exposure to business transformation programmes and managing/influencing stakeholders at all levels
- find a problem, plan a solution, drive change and create a continuous improvement environment
- a travel, tour operator, cruise or airline background would be AMAZING to see, however, if you can demonstrate the above skills & experience and currently work in another industry, please apply!
- experience of managing/developing payments in a large, established organisation with both bricks & mortar stores as well as e-commerce would be very useful
- you will be a great communicator, influencer, and all round payments SME