£48,000 - £62,000 Per Annum
London, United Kingdom
IT/Technical,Retail Banking,Risk,Compliance,Investment Banking
Permanent | Full Time
IT & Data Security Manager
Salary: £48,000 - £62,000 Per Annum (+ excellent benefits & bonus )
Our client is a leading challenger bank who are keen to support the business by ensuring a robust operational risk framework, with the hire of an IT & Data Security Manager.
About the Role:
The IT and Data Security Manager supports the Head of Operational and Technology Risk. This role is responsible for providing support, input and independent oversight of the management of the Bank’s IT and Data Security risk profile, including but not limited to information/data security risk and cyber risk. This direction will form part of the wider Operational Risk agenda.
The ideal candidate will have had experience of managing and mitigating operational risks within a banking environment. They will be a self-starter who can work independently whilst liaising effectively with stakeholders across the entire business.
• Oversight of the Bank’s approach to identifying, assessing, managing and reporting IT and data security risks as part of the wider Op Risk report.
• Feeding in to the developing and implementing a robust operational risk management framework specifically from an IT Security/data perspective to support the Bank’s business strategy, adherence to chosen standards (ISO27001) and operational risk appetite.
• Working with the Business and the IT Innovations teams helping them in developing and implementing the relevant IT and Data Security approach and documenting the IT and Data Security risk policies and procedures
• Ensuring the policies relating to IT and Data Security are updated in accordance with the current and planned changes to the internal infrastructure and external threat environment and then monitoring the policies and ensuring that they are applied consistently across the business.
• Where necessary, provide training to relevant staff to support adherence to IT and Data Security Policy particularly around management of client data.
• Ensuring the Business has in place controls for identifying and managing IT/Data breaches and support them with any incidents or breaches.
• Acting as Subject Matter Expert for all queries in respect of IT and Data Security
• As part of the wider Operational Risk reporting, providing reports and assessments of IT and Data Security matters, primarily to the Conduct & Operational Risk Committee.
• Provide input and guidance to vendor management due diligence from and IT and Data security perspective
Financial Services/Banking experience
• Proven experience in IT and Data Security within a banking environment.
• Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and regulatory environment.
• Ability to work effectively across all levels of an organisation.
Technical knowledge / skills:
• Experience in the development and maintenance of IT Security and Data frameworks and standards.
• Extensive knowledge of IT Security and Data systems and controls that can deliver a robust level of monitoring and oversight/MI to ensure the firm remains within its risk appetite.
• Track record in ensuring the business is fully compliant with external standards and regulatory requirements relating to IT and Data security including but not restricted to ISO27001 or Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards
• Strong IT/Data background and in-depth knowledge of applications, network and infrastructure security
Data and Management Information
• Experience in reporting to risk committees on the firm's IT and Data security risk exposures.
• Experience of developing robust scenario planning, analysis and stress testing linked to IT and Data security.