Mid level Java Developer
Our client provides carrier billing and mobile wallets. As a successful ever-expanding organization, the Enterprise Engineering team is looking for a Mid level Java Developer willing to become a full stack developer. This position is home-based until government restrictions allow. Thereafter, you will be based in their Central London office a couple of days a week. You will be working collaboratively with team members in Sibiu, Mumbai, London and San Francisco.
As Mid level Java Developer , you will form part of the Enterprise Engineering team and be responsible for hands-on end-to-end development and support of financial components to include settlement and reconciliation.
As Mid level Java Developer you will:
- Work hands-on with a highly skilled team of Engineers and stakeholder to ideate, build, and improve payment products and features
- An ability to think through customer's pain points and requirements and to come up with a simple, elegant solution
- Design, build, and enhance the frontend UI and backend APIs required for the products.
- Own the products that you build, become the domain expert, and be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including design, development, testing and release
- Sharing knowledge and drive Engineering best practices across the Engineering teams by giving brown bags, writing article, etc
As Mid level Java Developer , you will be :
- Self-starter – You require little to no supervision
- Growth-minded – You are curious and enthusiastic to expand your skills
- Ownership–You are confident, driven, self-motivated and quickly take ownership of your work.
- Product minded – You enjoy working with stakeholders on requirement discovery and building out new features
- Multiplier – You are passionate about sharing knowledge with others and growing junior team members
- Desire for impact - You are willing to take on more responsibilities as opportunities arise
We’re looking for a Mid level Java Developer who has:
- 3+ years of experience shipping high-quality products
- Strong software design and architecture skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional teams: Product Management, Quality Assurance, Operational Support, etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to document and explain technical design, best practices, and integration guide to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Hands-on software development experience in Java.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture
- Experience integrating with third party web services across a variety of technologies, e.g. REST, SOAP, SMPP
- Experience with some (or all) of the following technologies/frameworks/tools: Maven, Git, MySQL, JMS, Spring, JPA/Hibernate, Jersey, Jetty, Kubernetes.
- Experience building and maintaining applications in the cloud (AWS, GCP, etc).
- Has worked or currently working in Payment industry