Merchant Account Manager – Payments, Large Enterprises, Tokyo, Japan
Account Manager – Merchant, Telco, Large Enterprises, Payments
Our client provides a unique billing service and has a number of exciting and high profile clients such as Apple, Netflix and Google. As a result of growth, they are now seeking an Account Manager to have responsibility for these relationships.
- This is a highly visible position where you will define and execute the Payment strategies in Japan.
- You will be the key commercial interface and responsible to engage, maintain the relationship, upsell, cross-sell, and optimize the payment and operation with existing and new merchants coming onboard.
Newly acquired and newly entering to Japan market merchans will be added to your responsibility.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Sr. Director, Business Development and your responsibilities will include :
- Serving as the Account Manager for all merchants who provide service in Japan aligning with Internal Global account managers
- Fully understanding and quantifying merchant challenges with respect to growth, expansion and execution in all geographical markets. You will also perform gap analysis.
- Achieving sales quota by conducting cross sell and upsell working cross-functionally with internal teams
- Acting as a hub when merchant expands internationally in markets outside Japan
- Cross selling alternative payment method (APM) services in addition to the current payment method to help merchants grow their business. (APM: e.g. QR code payments,etc)
- Establishing and managing strong relationship & rapport with key decision makers in merchants
- Becoming the key ‘problem solver’ for merchants in any matters related to Mobile Payments and Mobile Strategy
- Responsibilty for new payment service onboarding to merchants. Tasks including requesting approval requests to payment partners, process management, facilitate necessary internal / external meetings.
- Supporting business operation activities and issues. e.g. carrier / merchant reconciliation
- Resolving technological issues by working together with merchants and internal teams.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Business Administration, Sales.
- Native in Japanese and fluent in English. (Requires frequent conference calls with colleagues/merchants overseas)
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills:
- Proven prior experience in Account Management, Sales or Business Development, with a demonstrable record of delivering or exceeding sales targets, from lead generation, through to revenue generation
- Experienced self-starter with a customer-centric focus, an analytical mindset, and attention to detail.
- Past experience with payments, mobile, e-commerce, website development, and digital technologies is strongly preferred.
- Strong advantage if you have experience working at or with Payment Service Provider, the Mobile Network Operators or with API Integrations
- You are used to working in cross-functional teams, with an ability to deliver commercially successful products and services that wow customers.
- You have an understanding of what customers require, when the customer may not fully understand their own needs.
- You possess good judgement and make effective decisions at the appropriate speed.
- You thrive working in a dynamic, fast-moving startup environment.
- You deal well with ambiguity and respond flexibly to change.
- You are a strong, innovative leader who can prioritize well and communicate effectively.
- You are able to manage without relying on authority and convince colleagues and partners of your plan through its merits.
- You are able to manage the team by empowering and supporting decision-making at the periphery, yet retaining ownership for delivery.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to gather insights from data instead of just regurgitating it.
- You are comfortable getting your hands dirty in day-to-day tasks to get things done. No task is beneath you.
- Excellent opportunity to enter the mobile payments industry, the most exciting sector with Fintech.
- Working for the global leading company in the mobile payment industry.
- Being part of a winning team, in a friendly supportive environment that rewards ability and results.
- Supporting the company’s continuing success in launching mobile payments for the biggest global digital
merchants and beyond digital into new market sectors.
- Great experiences working with global companies, many colleagues around the world.