£50,000 - £70,000 Per Annum
Reading, United Kingdom
Acquirer Services/Merchant Services,Business Operations,Operations,POS Solutions,POS/EPOS/EFT Devices
Contract | Full Time
Operations Manager – Payments – 12 month Fixed Term Contract Maternity Cover
· Do you have Payments Industry experience ?
· Do you have a track record of leading team members and coaching budding talent ?
· Are you adept at leading an Operations function ?
My client is one of the fastest growing, innovative fintech organisations in the UK. They have a passion for innovation and delivering outstanding customer service, with a commitment to providing market leading credit and debit card processing solutions.
Approximately £1.5 billion is processed across their card terminals each year with many hundreds of new customers being added on a monthly basis.
Reporting to the CEO, the Operations Manager will oversee the department and its various functions; including regular performance-based reviews, acting as a point of escalation and supporting the department in all its day-to-day activity.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
· Managing the On-boarding, Customer Services, Fraud and Technical Support teams;
· Safeguarding the smooth running of the department on an ongoing basis by developing and communicating key procedural changes, reacting to colleague and customer needs and frequently reviewing operational KPI’s;
· Building and maintaining strategic partner relationships;
· Regularly review department KPI’s;
· Holding regular Team meetings, 121’s with Team Leaders etc, provide ongoing mentoring, motivation and support;
· Ensure any process or system changes are properly communicated and understood;
· Responsibly delegate tasks where appropriate, assign independent projects to Team Leaders where possible, providing regular feedback sessions and ongoing support;
· Be willing to take a hands-on approach whilst effectively managing higher level department performance and goals;
· Ensuring the end-to-end process is managed effectively, reviewing to areas for improvement regularly, reacting and adapting process where appropriate;
· Oversee day-to-day employee matters, including but not limited to performance-based reviews, holiday requests, team rotas, and collating payroll data.
The Successful Candidate will have the skills to…
• Rapidly develop a thorough understanding of the payments industry and the market sector we operate within, together with a thorough understanding of the services we have on offer;
• We use bespoke systems however a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access would be beneficial;
• Good time-management skills with an ability to work to strict deadlines;
• Have a pro-active and reactive nature;
• Approach problems in a thorough and logical manner;
• Be a confident decision maker;
• Analyse information with a keen eye for detail;
• Must be a quick learner, willing to learn new processes and procedures;
· Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, ever changing work environment;