£100,000 - £200,000 Per Annum
Fully remote anywhere in the world
Architect / Architecture,Card payment schemes/systems,Credit cards,Debit cards,FinTech,IT/Technical,Prepaid cards
Permanent | Full Time
Payments Architect – Issuing platform
Our client is a young,fast-growing payments start up that was built to be different. They are seeking a Payments Architect to focus on leading technology with a customer centric mindset to disrupt the payment infrastructure across the MENA region.
Payments Architect ROLE
You will be responsible for leading the software architecture, design, and development on our platform.
We are designing, developing, and deploying a next generation payments platform in the MENA region.
You will have demonstrated leadership and success in complex, secure, high
availability, and high-volume environments. You will also wear multiple hats and will be expected to eventually build a team under you. You will be expected to get your hands dirty yet also immediately start bringing on members to join. The focus of the job will be working on back-end
infrastructure while dealing with extensive APIs yet also interacting with the clients.
Security is the foundation of our business and must be at the heart ofyou’re your mindset.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• At least 10 years of IT Architecture experience and hands on software development experience delivering large scale projects in the payments domain
• Good team management capabilities to lead dev teams through product life cycle
• Experience in designing, maintaining high performance & high volume OLTP systems
• Experienced in topics like shared memory, queues, socket programming, multitasking & multi threading, etc.
• Experience designing and developing as per secure coding standards, PCI, PADSS
• Expertise with ISO 8583 protocol and specifications
• Familiar with payment scheme (Visa, Mastercard) switches, interfaces and delivering periodical scheme mandates
• Experience with payment processing stacks, specifically on issuing side
• Experience with Debit and Credit systems, tokenisation and 3DS
• Proficiency in Java, Node.js, Spring Framework, and MySQL
• Experience working on, designing, and developing open APIs
• Experience in designing cloud ready applications, containers and Kubernetes, working with
• Familiar with HSM devices (ie Atalla or Thales)