£75,000 - £85,000 Per Annum
London, United Kingdom
BACS/Chaps/Swift,FinTech,International Money Transfer,Retail Banking,Transaction Processing
Permanent | Full Time
Payments Business Analyst - CHAPS / SWIFT / BACS / FASTER PAYMENTS
My client is an award winning, global payment and Fintech provider providing leading blue chip financial institutions with the most cutting edge tech. Their deep subject matter expertise in instant payments coupled with a proven track record in delivering bank critical systems ensures they are at the forefront of their game.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Payments Business Analyst to join this ground breaking real-time payments processing engine. You will have detailed real-world understanding of retail payment systems gained in a bank or similar financial institution.
Experience with instant payments is essential.
You will be working in the Product Team and will take ownership of detailed analysis for specific features of the product. Defining the required functionality will involve liaison with multiple stakeholders, so you will have excellent client-facing experience with exceptional communication skills.
This is a hands-on role in a fast-moving team environment, and you will have the opportunity to show initiative and drive.
What you will be doing:
· Map user stories in order to deliver scope and business value of a given feature as defined by a Product Owner
· Conduct detailed analysis for user stories
· Work closely with the development team to explain and elaborate stories, and ensure that the acceptance criteria are clearly and unambiguously stated following BDD format
· Support the team through development, providing domain expertise as required
· Active participation is daily stand-ups
· Agreeing and gaining signoff of business requirements with client or a Product Owner
· Defining scope for each client implementation feature and setting acceptance criteria
· Organising and conducting client implementation feature kick-off walkthrough with delivery teams
· Conducting demos for each delivered client implementation feature
· Maintaining user story backlog for a given feature
· Maintaining prioritised input queue for squads to work from
You will possess:
· Detailed practical experience of multiple retail Payment Schemes – SCT Inst, SEPA, FPS, RTGS etc.
· In-depth understanding of ISO20022 payment messages, schemas and the usage of specific fields within those messages
· Awareness of industry initiatives impacting the Payments environment
· Use of UML diagrams including Sequence Diagrams and State Diagrams using a modelling tool (or Visio)
· Creation and elaboration of User Stories using industry best practices
· Experience of working in a Kanban or Scrum software development environment, always focusing on delivery of business value
· Excellent analytical skills and a passion for the detail – the candidate must demonstrate an ability to logically divide up a problem, identify and resolve contradictions and ambiguities