AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform
Our client is a global fintech in the mobile payments space. They work collaboratively with colleagues and across disciplines with clients, partners and operations based all over the world. This is a busy, exciting, and demanding place to work, but it’s the people that make the company.
They are seeking a Platform Engineer. This is a mainly home working role but will require some visits to their Munich office If you are an experienced Platform Engineer looking for a new challenge in an exciting, innovative and international working environment, or a Site Reliability Engineer looking for your next step up, this is the perfect job for you.
In this role, you will work with the Platform team to develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions. You will be responsible for provisioning, debugging and optimising cloud infrastructure, educating teams on new cloud initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud infrastructure.
What will set you apart for this role is your ability to :
- Communicate and not be afraid to ask questions to seek clarity
- Your technical expertise
- Your proactive mindset and ability to give opinions with a logical rationale
- Write documentation
- Experience optimizing running costs of AWS
Platform Engineer Responsibilities:
- Define and contribute to the following topics
- Infrastructure strategy and tools
- Application logging strategy and format.
- Building highly available clusters (k8s, EKS)
- Deployment orchestration
- Services/application monitoring
- Define and create CI/CD pipelines for automating tasks.
- Maintain Infrastructure tools (docker registry, Jenkins, Nginx, etc.)
- Investigate and introduce new tools for improving the applications performance, deployment performance, and the security of the deployed stack
- Designing, developing, and deploying modular cloud-based systems
- Improve system performance and maintain overall infrastructure to ensure high availability
- Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements
- Provide documentation for running and operating systems.
- Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives
Platform Engineer Requirements:
- Professional experience:
- 3+ years experience in DevOps, Platform or Site Reliability Engineering
- Experience with managing Infrastructure on cloud providers such as AWS.
- Experience managing, analysing, and troubleshooting highly available and distributed systems.
- Proficiency in a language such as Bash, Python, Java, or similar.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Deployment Orchestration.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform.
- Experience with configuration management tools (puppet, ansible).