Principal Payments Consultant, London & Travel
The role sits at the heart of our business. We’re looking for drive, experience, creativity and the right attitude to be part of a team focused on helping us grow our business to the next level.
This leadership role will help to manage, influence & inspire our team of payments architects, who work predominately onsite with clients to help them achieve their business aims by providing domain, architectural, and delivery expertise. The Payments Principal role may come from different backgrounds, with experience gained at a financial institution, a bank, a consultancy or a dedicated fin-tech.
Regardless of background, a Principal's defining skills have founding in deep expertise and experience in the Payments domain, the ability to define the client’s Business/IT strategy, articulate a Payment Target Operating Model and manage the engagement team that takes ownership for definition and delivery of the Payments Architecture that underpins our client’s solutions.
- Consulting or Advisory engagements, working directly with clients to support the development of payments strategies, roadmaps, business cases and transformation programmes
- Translating the business strategy into clear requirements for a clients’ Payments Transformation
- Conducting reviews of existing transformation programs and legacy payments ecosystems, and communicating the findings of the review back to stakeholders
- Providing guidance to projects and programmes and helping them deliver Payment solutions that conform to company and industry standards and best practices
- Communicating to stakeholders representing business, change and technology at up to “C” level using excellent written and verbal skills
- Maintaining industry knowledge in Payments and interpreting impacts to both us and our clients in the form of new collateral or service offerings
- Manage, Coach or Mentor junior staff, enabling them to develop their payments knowledge and solution skills
Required experience, which could include:
- Payments Architecture at a Financial Institution, defining the Roadmap & Target Architecture
- Consultant at the Payments Practise of a Consultancy
- Pre-Sales Consultancy or Sr Product Management for an established Fintech in the Payments Domain
You're likely to have:
- A detailed knowledge of the Payments Value Chain, able to articulate the functional and technical differences between Initiation, Order Management, Execution and Clearing & Settlement
- The ability to communicate efficiently upwards (to business), downwards (to IT teams) and laterally (to peers, vendors, and client-side staff) with particular emphasis on presenting Target and Interim Payment Solutions to a range of stakeholders in the business and technical communities (up to and including CxO level)
- Familiarity with technology concepts, roles, and terminology, and the ability to work closely with a wide range of professionals (product managers, architects, dev leads etc)