Product Owner – Mobile App enabling team
Our client is a global fintech on the verge of launching a cutting edge proposition.We’re looking for a Product Owner for the App enabling team. In this team you will be responsible for the tooling, build and development pipelines, and the advocacy of state-of-the-art technologies for both apps (Android and iOS). Here you will find projects like creating a PoC of new technology to automate the release process, improving development pipelines, creating tools to facilitate or automate tasks. All this with the objective of providing the feature teams with the right environment and tools to develop a high-quality, and consistent app experience providing a world-class UI, UX experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyze, prioritize, organize and schedule work created by the Apps enabling team by taking into consideration what gives more value to achieving our goals as a team. For this, you will be expected to work close to principal engineers as well as assess what pain points or bottlenecks the feature teams are experiencing.
- Advocating and promoting consistency across the feature teams, in both technological and UX. Working closely with POs and designers to promote and schedule improvements in UX and technology keeping alignment of the app as a whole
- Own the roadmap of the apps enabling team;
- Help to prioritize and distribute apps initiatives to the other feature teams;
- Collaborate with the other feature teams, designers, and technical leads through visioning, execution and implementation of new technologies and tools;
- Improve the daily life of apps developers by automatizing processes, improving technology and daily coding experience;
- Assess opportunities for improvement, understand behaviour and test hypotheses using data analysis and discovery;
- Facilitate conversations between the feature teams, design and technology stakeholders to determine the “what” and “how to implement it in a consistent way across all the teams”;
- Work closely with developers and other stakeholders to understand what initiatives give us the highest ROI in the different objectives of the team;
- Plan and prioritize initiatives backlog and development for the product;
- Set Sprint goals, track, and report on sprint progress.
Oversee and manage development stages
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of specified and refined requirements to work on;
- Remove or mitigate impediments to the team progress;
- Represent and serve as the point of contact between subject matter experts and other stakeholders. Ensure the successful completion of Releases and Sprint Goals;
- Be the owner of the release process of both apps;
- Monitor the platforms’ performance, proactively identify process bottlenecks and lead initiatives to resolve discrepancies or other issues when identified, track and report issues through to resolution;
- Recommend and execute operational improvements, work with appropriate functional areas to simplify the way we do business and create a better customer experience;
- Lead the planning process, release plans, and set the expectation for the delivery of new features and capabilities.
- Build knowledge on industry developments, provider landscape and regulatory changes, to become the go-to person for all things apps related
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging topics in software development
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging topics in mobile software design guidelines and technologies (e.g. Kotlin, etc.);
- Be aware of competitors in the FinTech industry;
- Be up-to-date with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 3+ years
- Working experience as a Mobile developer
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical systems and architecture principles
- Experience shipping market-leading products
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities with competing timelines
- Team-oriented and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of a project
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Human Interface Guidelines (iOS) or Material Design (Android)
- Expert knowledge about Web design best practices
- Background in UX/UI
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or Certified Scrum Master qualification
- Experience working in the crypto space