Quality Engineering Lead - Technical Quality Coach
Mobile testing, backend test automation, mobile test automation
Our client is a global digital bank building a team of collaborative, talented individuals. This is a fully remote role offering flexible working.
Our client is following the Quality Engineering approach, with a shift in the Quality activities left, making Quality the responsibility of the whole team and much more attention given to test automation. We are looking for a Technical Quality Coach to join the Quality Enabling team to move forward technical initiatives related to Quality.
They are focussed on building a highly trusted premium customer experience by leading company engagement in the prevention, monitoring and resolution of Quality related issues all while optimising for faster time to market.
Day to day you will :
- Drive Technical Quality initiatives, including creating, prioritising and managing them based on continuous analysis of teams state and pain points.
- Work from a Quality standpoint with Tech Leads and Principles to ensure they have all of the needed support for their efforts.
- Do PoCs and framework / libraries and CI/CD Quality needed changes.
- Implement needed Quality related tools.
- Drive cross-SAT technical actions, like performance testing.
- Do and follow-up on Architecture Decision Records (ADRs).
- Write and maintain all related documentation.
- Ensure technical Quality related:
- Awareness of the need for change.
- Desire to participate and support the change.
- Knowledge on how to change.
- Ability to implement required skills and behaviours.
- Reinforcement to sustain the change.
- Make sure that teams are aware of what are the next steps to improve in Quality from a technical standpoint.
To be successful in this role, you will possess :
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Engineering roles OR Software Engineering roles with Quality
- Experience in Coaching and Mentoring Engineers
- Experience ensuring Quality of Mobile applications as well as Backend services
- Experience in doing both Mobile and Backend Test Automation including building Test Automation Framework from scratch
- Experience in deep analysis of Performance bottlenecks (including usage of Performance/Load/Stress testing)
- Experience in contributing to CI/CD with focus around Quality aspects
- Understanding of how to ensure Quality on the Infrastructure level
- Experience of close collaboration with not only Quality Engineers, but also with Software Engineers / Tech Leads / Engineering Managers.
- Experience with observability and alerting tools like New Relic, Sentry, etc.
- Experience in working with microservices architecture and understanding of event-driven architecture
- Experience with working in Agile (Scrum or Kanban) and understanding of how to set proper Quality processes within such teams
- Strong focus on data-driven decision making
- Autonomy and proactivity skills
- Ability to communicate both written and spoken in English.