dependent on experience
Acquirer Services/Merchant Services,Card payment schemes/systems,Payment Scheme Management
Permanent | Full Time
Relationship and Projects Account Manager – Payments – Paris
Acquirers, merchants, payment schemes, payment projects,
· Are you able to influence and sell ideas to acquirers, merchants and internal stakeholders ?
· Are you commercially aware ?
· Do you want to broaden your payments career with exposure to relationship management and projects ?
Our client is a global card scheme looking for an Account Manager with relationship and / or Projects experience. In this role, you will support the French and Benelux markets.
You will be supporting the company Merchant Network strategy by promoting card acceptance and supporting partner relationships (Key merchants, Banks, Financial Institutions, Schemes) in target markets and territories.
You will liaise with acquirers, payment institutions, merchants, terminal vendors, agents, and third-party companies to drive business.
Day to day you will:
• Establish and maintain partnership relationships with our Licensees and Key Merchants to drive card acceptance within the assigned markets
• Build and maintain relationships with partners and assist to implement new functionality (ie currencies / contactless / 3D secure etc)
• Understand the acquiring market structure in each assigned markets and identify the main players
• Recruit merchants for card acceptance by liaising with licensee partners and European HQ
• Support marketing partnerships in target markets utilizing their distribution channels to increase company visibility
• Participate in meetings with potential partners to discuss business cases to enable them to become a Licensee
• Be a contact point for partners and support communication at a high level for technical queries regarding system development and operations
• Support negotiations and projects with Partners alongside management team
• Prepare and submit reports on activities and results to management
• Provide training and on-going support to team members to achieve objectives
• Provide administrative support to ensure efficient and effective operation of the sales and marketing function
Skills and Knowledge
· Knowledge of Financial Services and/or Payment Card Industry
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage with people
· Commercial awareness
· Demonstrable creative and innovative ability
· Ability to make compelling presentations
· Pro-active and reliable
· Proficiency in French and English (spoken and written) essential