Dependent on experience
Remote and some Dublin office
FinTech,International Money Transfer,Risk,Compliance
Permanent | Full Time
Risk and Compliance Manager
Our client is a global fintech in the mobile payments space. They work collaboratively with colleagues and across disciplines with clients, partners and operations based all over the world. This is a busy, exciting, and demanding place to work, but it’s the people that make the company. As a result of growth they are seeking an Risk and Compliance Manager based in Ireland. If you are an experienced Risk and Compliance specialist looking for a new challenge in an exciting, innovative and international working environment, this is the perfect job for you.
You will lead the enhancement of the governance and risk and compliance framework, as the business continues to develop and innovate.
Day-to-day you will:
· Review, recommend improvements to and embed the governance, risk and control framework throughout the business, ensuring it remains relevant as the business changes and follows industry recognised best practices
· Establish and maintain strong working relationships with business stakeholders, to ensure the risk and compliance framework is relevant and workable, particularly with respect to risk appetite across the business. Maintain the company risk register
· Manage systems and tools that facilitate the process (e.g. Creditsafe)
· Develop and improve risk reporting to the Senior Management Team and the Board
· Contribute to external stakeholder reporting as needed, for example to the Annual Report
· Support the Group Head of Risk and Compliance to ensure relevant processes, controls and frameworks are audited
· Establish positive working relationships with relevant regulators
· Liaise with relevant internal departments and external contacts to ensure regulatory requirements for submissions are met, and to proactively communicate with regulatory authorities in order to expedite approval of submissions
Essential Skills and Experience
· Previous in-house experience in a technology-led environment.
· Previous exposure to the payments industry.
· Educated to degree level and/or relevant professional risk and compliance qualification.
· Strong interpersonal skills and track record of positive stakeholder management with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and business cultures
· Pragmatic and commercial approach to problem solving.
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-changing business environment
· Able to translate regulatory requirements into workable business solutions