SENIOR DATA SCIENCE ENGINEER LOCATION: Anywhere in Eastern Europe - HOME BASED FULLY REMOTE
Our client is a brand new digital bank with an exciting and innovative proposition.
As Senior Data Science Engineer, you will be working in a fully distributed team, working remotely with colleagues in over 40 countries around the world.
You will be a collaborative, proactive problem-solver with a curious and dynamic attitude.
As Senior Data Science Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Designing and building data structures on MPP platforms like AWS RedShift, Google
BigQuery and / or Druid.io.
- Designing and building highly scalable data pipelines using AWS tools like Glue (Spark based), Data Pipeline, Lambda.
- Translating complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions.
- Collaborating with the team on building dashboards, using Self-Service tools like Apache Superset, Google Data Studio, Tableau and data analysis to support the business.
- Collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams and work on solutions that have a larger impact across the business.
To be successful as Senior Data Science Engineer, you will possess:
- In-depth understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in designing and building dimensional data models to improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data.
- Experience in designing and developing ETL data pipelines.
- Proficient in writing Advanced SQLs, Expertise in performance tuning of SQLs.
- Programming experience in building high-quality software. Python or Scala preferred.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
Other useful skills include:
- Work/project experience with big data and advanced programming languages.
- Experience using Java, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Kafka, NiFi and Map Reduce.
- Work experience with AWS tools to process data (DMS, Glue, Pipeline, Kinesis, Lambda, etc).
- Work experience with Google Cloud tools to store and visualize data (BigQuery, Data Studio).
- Experience with or advanced courses on data science and machine learning.